The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Marantz PMD 740
Old 26th February 2014
Lives for gear

Marantz PMD 740

Cheers,

i have got an Marantz Pmd 740 Six channel Mixer and 4 Track Recorder. Works and sounds good. Only Problem is that the 4th Input is not recording onto tape. If i Record the summing for the right Channel, then it is fine. So Recording Head is not the problem. I checked the cables and it is not getting any audio to the Recording for the 4th Track. i narrowed it to the mixing pcb it is sending track 3 but not the signal for track 4. i followed the schematics and i got till the njm 2068 LD. It has no output for Track 4 the opamp for Track 3 works so i tried to check the input with the oscilloscope and here is where im struggeling, the opamp on track 3 has an output and works like it should opamp on Track 4 has no output, now i tried to check the inputs of this opamps but i could get no signal on the pins 3 or 5 and this is for both opamps??? how can the opamp on track 3 have an output signal but nothing is going in? are im overlooking something?

i hope someone could take a look on the schematic ans show me how to check the opamp on track 4.
Attached Thumbnails
Marantz PMD 740-pmd740.jpg  
Old 19th May 2014
sorry you didnt get a reply, hope you got it sorted?I wish i could but I cant help on anything technical with that im afraid. Its a great recorder though!!
Old 2nd September 2015
Gear Addict

Hello suchenderxxx,

This would be an amazing help to me. I just bought a PMD740 and they didn't send the power supply. Could you tell me the specs for that? I think it's DC12V, but can you tell me anything else. Amps, etc.? That would be greatly appreciated. The manual doesn't really say exactly what it is and I haven't been able to find out via google, etc.

Many thanks!
Jeb
Old 7th September 2015
Here for the gear

Hi Jeb, I just got one of these this week. The original power cable that came with it had these output specs:
12v dc
1100ma (you can have a higher reading for this on the supply you buy and it doesn't matter)
60hz
- ° +

Hope that helps, you should be able to grab a 12v dc cable with those specs for 20 bucks or so. Maybe take your unit into the shop so they can check the cable has the correct connection size.

Enjoy!
Old 31st May 2018
Here for the gear

Hey gang,

Doubt anyone is monitoring this old thread, but anyone have the complete schematic or a shop manual for a PMD 740? I have a lovely one that the heads are locked in the engaged position on, and the counter says Err . Cannot seem to determine how to reset or retract the heads.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Peace...
Old 16th June 2019
Gear Head
Looking for a service manual over here as well.. please get in contact if the person willing to help me out reads this
Old 19th July 2019
Here for the gear

Also in need of a service manual!
Old 19th July 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchenderxxx View Post
...i tried to check the inputs of this opamps but i could get no signal on the pins 3 or 5 and this is for both opamps??? how can the opamp on track 3 have an output signal but nothing is going in? are im overlooking something?
Looks as if the audio is going to the inverting inputs of these op amps, whereas the non-inverting pins are tied together. I mean, I know it's been 5 years 4 months 3 weeks and 2 days, but, like, try probing pin, 2, or 6.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search