The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Old Fernandes Sustainer system schematics needed!
Old 6th December 2013
Old Fernandes Sustainer system schematics needed!

Hi,

Couple weeks ago I bought an old Fernandes Stratocaster guitar (80's I think) and my friend who repairs guitars took care of it. I replaced body with a new one, changed humbucker and here comes the problem:

This not sustainer FSK 101 or 401 model, it's much older. And my friend doesn't know how to connect all the cables so Sustainer could work both - as sustainer and (after switching it off) as a normal single pickup.

I e-mailed Fernandes and they replied with info:

"Unfortunately this appears to be an old sustainer system, one of the first ones from the early 1990's that we haven't really dealt with here at USA office. We don't have any information about it here but we are attempting to get it from headquarters in Japan. As soon as I have anything about it I will let you know."

So I'm waiting almost week now and I thought maybe someone here can help me fix this.

I added photos in attachment how it looks like.

P.S. Before switching body of the guitar, there was 3-way switch and neck pickup wasn't working as normal pickup.
Attached Thumbnails
Old Fernandes Sustainer system schematics needed!-image-1-.jpg   Old Fernandes Sustainer system schematics needed!-image-2-.jpg   Old Fernandes Sustainer system schematics needed!-image-3-.jpg   Old Fernandes Sustainer system schematics needed!-image-4-.jpg   Old Fernandes Sustainer system schematics needed!-image.jpg  

Old 9th August 2016
Here for the gear

did you ever find the wiring diagram? i have the same system and i cant figure how to connect it, thanks in advance!!
Old 2nd January 2017
Here for the gear

So did you ever find out ?
Old 2nd January 2017
Here for the gear

Xeper did you ever get your older SUSTAINER issue solved ?
Old 2nd December 2017
Hi guys. I finally have the time to work on this one. I noticed that schematics for fsk 101 are pretty similar to that one, but wiring is a bit different. The only thing I already got to work is normal signal w from pickups. I cannot turn driver from Sustainer.

Did any of you guys solved that?

EDIT: my sustainer system works. Wiring is still the same as is is was on pictures from the first post. I just decided to use it only as a sustainer. Btw I suspect that this particular model of sustainer can't be used both (as a neck pickup and as a sustainer).

Last edited by xeper; 3rd December 2017 at 08:47 AM..
Old 6th August 2020
Here for the gear

Still looking for a wiring diagram for this version...

Mine is even a bit older, version 1.1
Old 16th August 2020
Here for the gear

Join our group - we are all working on Sustain Schemas
Facebook Group “Guitar Sustainer DIY”
Old 16th August 2020
Here for the gear

If i had the chip i could draw up the schema... or better images... hard to see each cap/res value
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear