The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Soundcraft delta dlx recap
Old 23rd January 2013
Gear interested

Soundcraft delta dlx recap

Hey Sluts

Im recapping a soundcraft delta for a summing mixer and i had a few questions. Im assuming on using Panasonic FM 220 uf/25 v for the 47uf caps. Do I just swap these out right?
For the Eq section I was just gonna use WIMA caps of the same value. These are a little confusing because at mouser theyre are a lot of options. There is a WIMA series called FKP2 that come highly recommended but i cant tell if they are polyester or polypropelene. It seems like the polyprop ones are also much higher rated voltage wise, like 400v. Some dont say what they are made of. any suggestions for the eq section? The ones i was looking are 2.5% tolerance and are rated 100v.

One more question, my master section is an AVE. There seem to be a few jumpers soldered in to the AVE connections here and there. anyone have any experience removing these? As in do i need to do anything to have it function normaly.

Thanks guys

gabe Imlay
Old 5th February 2013
Gear interested

Hey guys along a similar thread I am having trouble getting my Delta to output to Bus 1234 or mix out....seems like PLF works fine but i cant get to the mix out. Any suggestions . . . jumpers?

I have to boards an AVE and A DLX that im swapping in and out to try and figure it out but as they both dont seem to be working im thinking OPERATOR ERROR at this piont.

ANy idears

Thanks
Old 6th February 2013
Here for the gear

Are you just replacing the capacitors because they are old? If you see a bulge on any of the capacitors then it should def be replaced, but maybe just leave them, until you really need to replace them. You can remove jumpers with a simple small pair or wire cutters. If you don't have one, you could get by with some toenail clippers, but I suggest the real tools heh.
Old 6th February 2013
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimlay View Post
Hey Sluts

Im recapping a soundcraft delta for a summing mixer and i had a few questions. Im assuming on using Panasonic FM 220 uf/25 v for the 47uf caps. Do I just swap these out right?
For the Eq section I was just gonna use WIMA caps of the same value. These are a little confusing because at mouser theyre are a lot of options. There is a WIMA series called FKP2 that come highly recommended but i cant tell if they are polyester or polypropelene. It seems like the polyprop ones are also much higher rated voltage wise, like 400v. Some dont say what they are made of. any suggestions for the eq section? The ones i was looking are 2.5% tolerance and are rated 100v.

One more question, my master section is an AVE. There seem to be a few jumpers soldered in to the AVE connections here and there. anyone have any experience removing these? As in do i need to do anything to have it function normaly.

Thanks guys

gabe Imlay
I would just leave the existing poly caps in there. I dont think you'll see much of an improvement by replacing them. Replacing the electros with the 220's will help for sure. Its also a good idea to put bypass caps along the 220's
Old 12th February 2013
Gear interested

I would just leave the existing poly caps in there. I dont think you'll see much of an improvement by replacing them. Replacing the electros with the 220's will help for sure. Its also a good idea to put bypass caps along the 220's

what values would i use for bypass caps? these would be piggy backed on my 220ufs right? This should improve the highend? will it be noticable?

Thanks for the input i appriciate it.
Old 9th January 2016
Here for the gear
Hi!!!Would You have a scheme to the Soundcraft DeltaAve?I'd be very fratful.
Ivan
Old 11th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimlay View Post

what values would i use for bypass caps? these would be piggy backed on my 220ufs right? This should improve the highend? will it be noticable?

Thanks for the input i appriciate it.
.01uF WIMA in parallel with your 220uF electrolytics. All circuits are different and the results will vary based on that, but you should notice a slightly more "open" top end with the film bypass caps.
Old 29th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicola View Post
.01uF WIMA in parallel with your 220uF electrolytics. All circuits are different and the results will vary based on that, but you should notice a slightly more "open" top end with the film bypass caps.
Hi mexicola, does it matter what voltage on the .01uF WIMA......I would of thought not but I've seen some of these going up to 600V so just asking will any kind of .01uF WIMA do and does it have to be Polypropylene.....

Also which film bypass caps are you referring to that need to be bypassed so as to open the top end.......just wanting to get the right ones thats all...
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by louis1 View Post
Hi mexicola, does it matter what voltage on the .01uF WIMA......I would of thought not but I've seen some of these going up to 600V so just asking will any kind of .01uF WIMA do and does it have to be Polypropylene.....

Also which film bypass caps are you referring to that need to be bypassed so as to open the top end.......just wanting to get the right ones thats all...
Bump
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search