The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Jensen Transformer JE-11S-L info needed
Old 5th November 2012
Gear Head

Jensen Transformer JE-11S-L info needed

I'm working on building some subgroups with balanced inserts on my Neotek Series II. I have some Jensen Je-11S-L output transformers I'd like to use. These transformers are long discontinued and the current closest equivalent, the JT11SS-DLCF has eight leads instead of six as on the JE-11S-L.
Can anyone help me identify the primaries and secondaries on this item.
The leads are colored orange, brown, red, yellow, blue and green.
Thanks,
Chuck Anderson
Old 5th November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck anderson View Post
I'm working on building some subgroups with balanced inserts on my Neotek Series II. I have some Jensen Je-11S-L output transformers I'd like to use. These transformers are long discontinued and the current closest equivalent, the JT11SS-DLCF has eight leads instead of six as on the JE-11S-L.
Can anyone help me identify the primaries and secondaries on this item.
The leads are colored orange, brown, red, yellow, blue and green.
Thanks,
Chuck Anderson
See attached spec sheet "PDF"

Oops-sorry: Re-read your post. Obviously you are looking for the JE-11S-L lead arrangement.

On the JE-11S-L the secondary is Green(+) and Blue. The dual primaries are the same as the JT11SS-DLCF so it can be wired as a 1:1 or a 2:1 output transformer.

Primary #1: Brown (+) and Red
Primary #2: Orange (+) and Yellow
Secondary: Green (+) and Blue

Those are really nice transformers.
Like most Jensen "E" frame transformers, it's a good idea to avoid any significant DC current in the primaries. Try to also avoid the temptation to check them with an ohmmeter. If the core does get slightly magnetized from an application of DC it can increase the odd-order harmonic distortion which is not nearly as pleasing as the more natural even-order HD they naturally have.

Have Fun!

ssdlcf12.pdf
Old 6th November 2012
Gear Head

Thanks for the info, that's exactly what I was looking for.
I picked up 16 of the JE-11S-L and 16 JE11-P-1 to use on this project.
Old 22nd November 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus 7 View Post
See attached spec sheet "PDF"

Oops-sorry: Re-read your post. Obviously you are looking for the JE-11S-L lead arrangement.

On the JE-11S-L the secondary is Green(+) and Blue. The dual primaries are the same as the JT11SS-DLCF so it can be wired as a 1:1 or a 2:1 output transformer.

Those are really nice transformers.
Like most Jensen "E" frame transformers, it's a good idea to avoid any significant DC current in the primaries. Try to also avoid the temptation to check them with an ohmmeter. If the core does get slightly magnetized from an application of DC it can increase the odd-order harmonic distortion which is not nearly as pleasing as the more natural even-order HD they naturally have.

Have Fun!

Attachment 316170

Good evening,
Can you tell me which sound better: Jensen JE-11S-L, or JE-123-S?
I want to use it on the direct outputs of the Yamaha M1532 console.
I will also replace the Tamura transformers of the master outputs.
Thank you
Greetings.
Old 15th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus 7 View Post
Good information, but I've got a pair of these transformers on the bench now (OP's actual units, in fact) and discovered just one little discrepancy. It seems these are actually 1+1:2. With the primaries wired in parallel, I'm getting 1:2, and with them in series I get "2:2" (1:1). I'm sure they could be used backwards for 2:1 step-down.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear