The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
upgrading revox b77
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
upgrading revox b77

hi

i have a nearly new revox b77 and i was wondering whether this unit would be worth worrying about. as it stands it is a quarter inch 2 track and i would like to mix to it but i am not sure whether it would be worth it as it is unbalanced. is this unit worth converting to balanced or should i just use balanced - unbalanced leads and leave it as is

cheers ramjet
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Maniac

🎧 15 years
The B77 is a very good machine, and when it's properly aligned, it's a great machine. It was used in many low budget studios in the 70's and 80's, at least in Europe. Don't worry about the balances / unbalanced thing too much.I would start with using balanced to unbalanced leads and hear if there will be any difference in sound / noise /etc...Probably not. It would be better to have a A80 / 807..., but as long as you have the B77 anyway, spend some time aligning it and use it!Tape is fun!
Old 2nd June 2006 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 15 years
thanx dude for that, feels good that i have something cool to use. the next question is could someone please advise me on how to align these machines

cheers ramjet
Old 14th December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
It has a variable speed dial with which you can alter the speed. Just record a wav file from yr computer and compare the two recordings and adjust accordingly.

NB: 14 years since yr question already. Apparently time flies
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…