The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
submit reply not working at times
Old 1st June 2006
Lives for gear

submit reply not working at times

this is more a question for the admin than for the geeks, but it is technically a geek question. submit reply in this site only works intermittently for me causing me to lose my reply, which sucks. any ideas why this would be? i am on tiger using safari 2.03.
have tried re logging in and clearing cache+history. no luck.
Old 1st June 2006
Lives for gear

Hi

I think Safari is a really sucky browser and has problems with lots of sites, including mine.

You should dump it and download the free Mozilla Firefox browser that's available for both Macs and PC's. I have it on all my PC's.

http://www.mozilla.org/download.html

If you want to visit Microsoft sites there are settings you can use to make Firefox look like IE6 to the MS servers.

It's a great browser and will probably transform your life!

Old 1st June 2006

Geoff is probably right, I sometimes have a similar problem at home on an ole clunky PC running Windows Millenia edition and Internet Explorer 5. In fact when I hit the SUBMIT button it can sometimes crash the computor totally!

Tim
Old 1st June 2006
Gear Addict

I'm also on Safari. Reply works fine for me, but most the time the emoticons don't work. I can see them in the menu, but nothing happens when I click on them. They used to work fine - but not anymore.

Oh well. I can think of worse things ;0)

Rez
Old 1st June 2006
Lives for gear

i will try and isolate the occurance. i think it might be happening when i go to the thread from an email notification link. the url bar shows reply= and then the message number doesn't show up. i am just starting to like safari, hate to switch up again.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search