The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help! Rewiring a 4x10 cab!!!
Old 30th May 2006
Here for the gear

Help! Rewiring a 4x10 cab!!!

I've got a hartke 410tb transporter bass cab. With 4X10 speeakers. Recently all the wires and the input got ripped out of the back of it(long story). I'm not sure how to rewire it. Could some one pleasse tell me? I need it back working for the weekend for a gig. And also what exactly do i ask for when buying a new input and wires and stuff. I don't know to much about it, but any help would be very greatflull.
thanks...
Old 30th May 2006

You should probably take it to a technician - or at least some old HI-fi nut.

It's _*probably*_ set up as a series-parrallel cabinet so that the amp sees the same charatreistic impedance as one driver, but is driving 4 of them.

-tINY

Old 31st May 2006
Lives for gear

Check the amp that you're using to drive it. It should recommend a load (speaker) impedance; either on the back near the output jack or in the manual. Also check the impedance of each speaker seperately. That's equally important for wiring up. If you can find that, we can help.

OK, I found your cab at:

http://www.samsontech.com/products/p...D=40&brandID=3

It is an 8 ohm load. Assuming the speakers are also 8 ohms each, this wiring should get you going.

Paul
Old 31st May 2006
Here for the gear

Thanks

Thanks a lot i'll give that one ago.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search