The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL EQ 292 Custom Racking
Old 26th April 2012
Gear nut

SSL EQ 292 Custom Racking

Hey guys,

finally my 4 SSL 292 EQ Cards (Pink Knob) arrived! I am going to rack them up into one case.
I`d like to ask if anybody has done this before and would like to share some infos with me.

Does anybody has a list which tells me the correct pin connection? I have the schematic here but I am not sure with some connections …

And how did you manage the power supply? Did you build one yourself (-18V/0V/+18V) or is there an original schematic around? Because I don`t know at the moment if I should do a power supply for each EQ card or if I can make one power supply for all 4 EQ cards..

Many thank`s in advance! =)

Cheers,
Thomas
Old 27th April 2012
Lives for gear

One PSU for all 4 EQs is fine. You can google a schematic or buy a kit from Five Fish or any of the other DIY sites.
Old 27th April 2012
Gear nut

Hey,

thank`s for the info!

Does anybody know what the sm pins on the schematics are? The LF F is connected to SM2.1, SM2.3, SM2.4 and the HF F is connected to SM1.
Old 27th April 2012
Gear Addict

Hi, I think the SM refers to the two connectors mounted on the 242 PCB, If you think the console architecture is based on the E series.

Extra features have been added this way rather than on the edge connector. In this case, it's two small ribbons.
Attached Thumbnails
SSL EQ 292 Custom Racking-242.jpg  
Old 27th April 2012
Gear nut

ah yeah, thank`s, I know this connector from my boards. The cable has been cut...
Is Sidechaining such a feature maybe?

Cool, keep it rolling

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search