The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
KM84 repair in L.A.
Old 26th May 2006
Gear Maniac

KM84 repair in L.A.

who's the best person to repair/restore a KM84 in L.A. other than stephen paul audio (tony merrill)? i don't have 4 years to spare for a mic repair, although i hear it's totally worth it. perhaps klaus heyne is the only way to go...

kw
Old 26th May 2006
Gear Addict

i've been trying to find someone in la to work on my 87... but am approaching klaus time, i'm not really too familiar with why he's so highly esteemed on here, but i'm sure its a good reason. lol
Old 27th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkaudio
i've been trying to find someone in la to work on my 87... but am approaching klaus time, i'm not really too familiar with why he's so highly esteemed on here, but i'm sure its a good reason. lol
well, if the Brauner mic that bears his name and his posts on gearslutz are any indication of his abilities I'd say he's the guy to go to. i hear he's pretty backed up -- aprox. 6 weeks.

kw
Old 27th May 2006
7om
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by europa78
well, if the Brauner mic that bears his name and his posts on gearslutz are any indication of his abilities I'd say he's the guy to go to. i hear he's pretty backed up -- aprox. 6 weeks.

kw
More like 6 months. He told me he was booked to the end of the year and to contact him in Oct or Nov to schedule work on my U87.
Old 27th May 2006
Gear Maniac

ouch...
Old 30th May 2006
Gear Maniac

pelusomicrophonelabs. stupid cheap and great. i think they quoted less than $300 for a worse case scenario with a km with new capsule.
Old 30th May 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorris
pelusomicrophonelabs. stupid cheap and great. i think they quoted less than $300 for a worse case scenario with a km with new capsule.

that's funny i just emailed them... how long did they take to get your mic back to you?

kw
Old 30th May 2006
Gear Maniac

a week or so. pretty quick.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search