The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DBX 162 Help Please
Old 26th May 2006
Lives for gear

DBX 162 Help Please

I posted this in another category and got no response. So I'll try this onethumbsup

I bought a DBX 162 off of Ebay and it doesn't work. I'm hoping some of you might be able to shave off a few hours from my tech's work. (I don't want to pay my tech more than I paid for the unit)

Basically, the unit passes audio but the knobs do not affect the signal at all. There are also two empty card slots inside the unit. We don't know if they are supposed to be filled or not.

He could see audio on the 301's. He suspects they are part of the input circuitry. Also none of the front panel controls affected or changed the signal he saw on them, suggesting that they are in circuitry terms, before the controls.

There was no audio signal present on any of the 4558's which were, fromtheir positions, nearer to the front panel pots.

+/-15V was present on all of the opamps. These rails were clean and devoid of any nasty ripple (which often suggests a regulation problem).

Also, the pots were giving out DC instead of what we think should be AC.

And if we assume it was tested and worked before it got to me (like they said it did), that might narrow the search.

ANY help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search