The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
presonus blue tube preamp repair? Dynamic Microphones
Old 15th May 2006
Here for the gear

presonus blue tube preamp repair?

Well, for better or worse, I own a blue tube preamp tht recently quit working for me. When I run an instrument in I get a very disgusting signal, highly distorted, and when I run into the xlr, I get nothing at all. I would like to try to repair this thing, as the price of paying someone else, is more than the worth of the unit. Anyone out there with some advice they want to give to me? I'd be awfully grateful.
Old 15th May 2006
Gear Nut

I own one to. I've had it for about 1 month and it seems to work fine. How long did it start messing up after you bought it?
Old 15th May 2006
Here for the gear

Took about a year to start messing upI guess. It did it all of a sudden though. It has been messed up now for at least a year though, and I am wanting to make it work again.
Old 21st December 2009
Here for the gear

I have the same problem with my blue tube, and I also want to fix it. I noticed on the various forums that this problem is very common with this device. Right now I need the schematic for it so I can try to fix it. If anyone has the schematic for blue tube please send me it to "[email protected]"
Right now i'm allmost sure that if I don't manage to fix it I can have some fun smashing it with the hammer
Old 12th December 2010
Here for the gear

Presonus Blue Tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by resho4 View Post
I have the same problem with my blue tube, and I also want to fix it. I noticed on the various forums that this problem is very common with this device. Right now I need the schematic for it so I can try to fix it. If anyone has the schematic for blue tube please send me it to "[email protected]"
Right now i'm allmost sure that if I don't manage to fix it I can have some fun smashing it with the hammer
I just bought a used one on Ebay last week and it doesn't work. I was told it worked fine when it was shipped. The VU meters do not respond when I make some noise into the Mic. I asked Presonus Tech Support if there are fuses in it and if the VU meters are supposed to react to a Mic without any other equipment . I didn't get an answer yet except it would cost $75 plus shipping for one way. Any ideas would be appreciated. You are welcome to e-mail me if that is easier. [email protected]. I may need to borrow your hammer.
Thank you. Joe
Old 12th December 2010
PDC
Lives for gear

Send it back to Presonus. The only way the company will come to terms with their quality is if everyone sends this crap back.
Old 30th May 2011
Here for the gear

Did you ever get a schematic to your BlueTube? I can use one myself. Presonus tech support said it is against their policy. A few weeks ago I was dealing with a Phantom Power issue and I finally repaired it myself. A schematic would have made life a lot easier. Soon after, the AC power from the adapter was intermittent at the preamp end. I cut the little plug off and wired directly to the preamp. When I closed the preamp up, I found no power to the VU meters but all the buttons light up when pressed. I tested the Phantom Power with a Simpson and it's ok. But there is no response from the preamp when i connect a mic. I tried an SM-58 and I tried a condenser mic AKG-220 but there's nobody home. I need to look at a schematic to see if I caused anything while I was working on the intermittent AC power.
Some help would be appreciatet. Thank you.
Old 7th August 2015
Here for the gear

My meter on my presonus tubepre just stopped working the other day. But this after 2 years of use or so.
Old 12th August 2015
Don't bother contacting prejondis. They already have your money. That's all they care about.

Your on your own with this one. A multimeter will be of great help, on top of other tools.

Has anyone tested the tube? How long has the tube been in there?

Did prejondis put a tube in there or just put tube on the box?

Oh, and stop supporting prejondis, they already stopped supporting you.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search