The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
5150II problem Schematic or help needed
Old 13th May 2006
Here for the gear

5150II problem Schematic or help needed

Hi all,
I have a 5150II sitting on my bench right now, stopped working so have some electronics knowledge i took it apart and found a cold solder joint and a burnt out resistor. The solder joint is now fixed, but for the life of me i can't find a schematic for the value of the resistor, and the bars are burnt off of the actual resistor.

If anyone has a schematic for the 5150II, or could give me a resistor value for R69 on the main board that would be very helpful.

P.S. i have an email in for Peavey tech support to send me a schematic. But i'd like to fix this before the weekend is over.

Thanks
Old 13th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastxhero
Hi all,
I have a 5150II sitting on my bench right now, stopped working so have some electronics knowledge i took it apart and found a cold solder joint and a burnt out resistor. The solder joint is now fixed, but for the life of me i can't find a schematic for the value of the resistor, and the bars are burnt off of the actual resistor.

If anyone has a schematic for the 5150II, or could give me a resistor value for R69 on the main board that would be very helpful.

P.S. i have an email in for Peavey tech support to send me a schematic. But i'd like to fix this before the weekend is over.

Thanks
Hi

A Google search found diagrams here...

http://www.blueguitar.org/schems.htm#Peavey

But I'm not sure of the difference between that and the II, but R69 is 4700 ohm on these diagrams.

Old 14th May 2006
Here for the gear

wow! i looked forever and never came up with that site, thanks alot, after putting in the new 4.7K resistor, it works like a charm!! Thanks again.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search