The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Noise coming from my speakers?
Old 29th February 2012
Gear nut

Noise coming from my speakers?

So I have noise coming out my speakers and it's slightly audible, I just got a new monster power pro 900 power conditioner and ever since I hear that noise, can it be how everything is connected?
Old 29th February 2012
Lives for gear

what kind of noise? 60 cycle hum? high buzz? gritty crackling? or is this an editorial comment on the music?
Old 29th February 2012
Gear nut

Is like a buzzing sound, especially when I had my 24 inch screen connect to the power conditioner I even had to unplug the screen because my speaker were picking up to much noise.
Old 29th February 2012
Gear nut

On the back of the conditioner there are 8 outlets including 2 purple and 2 gold, what is purple and gold for?
Old 1st March 2012
Lives for gear

Don't plug a video screen into the audio equipment power conditioner.
Old 3rd March 2012
Gear nut

Kool I knew it was dumb to do that but when I explained to a guy at best buy he didn't know it was bad thing to do I guess. Well now I noe not to plug that in thanks!!!
Old 3rd March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbeatz View Post
Kool I knew it was dumb to do that but when I explained to a guy at best buy he didn't know it was bad thing to do I guess. Well now I noe not to plug that in thanks!!!
did that work for you?
Old 5th March 2012
Gear nut

Ya it actually did. I tried speakers on a different outlet without the power conditioner and now I can tell the difference I guess I was used to all the noise before and now that I expect the sound to be clean I guess I was hearing the noise I didn't pay attention to before thanks guys!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search