The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
multing signals on patchbay (from preamp to 2 channels of AD)
Old 12th May 2006
Lives for gear

multing signals on patchbay (from preamp to 2 channels of AD)

Good day folks,

I'd like to track with effects on vocals but not record them (only monitor them). So I thought I'd have to record one channel and split the output to two channel on my AD 16X via my patchbay.

Using half normal connection, I can devide the signal to multiple inputs but, does this create impedence issues?

Any degration of the original signal?

Any help on this is much appreciated.

Thanks

Jason
Old 12th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Poulin
Using half normal connection, I can devide the signal to multiple inputs but, does this create impedence issues?... Any degration of the original signal?...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
As long as the destination inputs are the characteristically the same, there shouldn't be any degradation other than possibly a slight loss in level, which is easy to make-up. Where you get into trouble is having destinations that do not share the same input characteristics, physical housing, bussing and ground points. Slight grounding differences (voltages) can end up as hum. Shouldn't be a problem in your case. Give it a shot, and tell us what you find.

Best, Paul
Old 12th May 2006
Lives for gear

I sure will and thank you for the reply

ummm My chain would be sending a signal to two channels on my AD16X from my preamp but on one channel (monitoring chan), I would patch through the KSP8 and the other channel (DAW chan) would be dry for recording.

So I would be ok then

great to hear... thanks again

Jason

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search