The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
phantom power on telefunken V78...when the dream comes tru
Old 10th May 2006
Gear Nut
phantom power on telefunken V78...when the dream comes tru

hi everybody...
I just got (after long long research) a couple of marvellous Telefunken V78 plus rack...
I feel so blessed...
it's time now to install a good phantom power system and after long research it seems that a ramped power supply should help me to extend the life of the input transformers on the units..
I was planning to use a LM337HV (in conjunction with a 24+24 secondary transformer) but I haven't found a way of getting the 48V to ramp up from 0V to maximum in, let's say, 30 seconds or so...
does any of you have an idea or a schematic or a link?
any suggestion is MORE than welcome..
thank you very much!!!
Mattia.
Old 18th May 2006
Gear Guru
V78's

I bought two V78's on eBay before I really knew what they were. They sounded great in AB tests against some modern heavy hitters. Due to lack of phantom, pads, and connections they were a pain to use, so I decided to give them a birthday. I sent them to HE StudiTechnik in Germany. They cleaned, tested, repaired and modified them and housed them in their own rack. Of course there is ramped 48. There are several other features which you do need and probably don't know it yet. There are also unique V78 problems which you probably don't know about also. Weird grounding for instance.
My job cost quite a bit overall. However I was very happy with the service. They were very careful, honest, and extremely well informed. Very patient and good to talk to about options etc.
I reckon you should give Andy there a call. They might accept your rack and do the rest of the work as they did for me. Highly Recommended.
Best Regards, DD
Old 24th May 2006
Gear Nut
thank you DAN DAN..
anyone else have a suggestion?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search