The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Looking For Mic Pre Amp Project that uses "Burr Brown" op amps!!!
Old 6th May 2006
Gear Addict

Looking For Mic Pre Amp Project that uses "Burr Brown" op amps!!!

Hi Folks, I am pretty new to the DYI scene and have very little electronix experience but I learn Fast and Can follow a Schematic for the most Part....

I rescently aquired a some Burr Brown op amps and I wanted to use these for building a Fairly simple Mic Pre amp but I need to Find a good schematic and a Parts List and Hopefully a PCB design so I can Build the Pre-amp.....

The Op-amps that I have are the OPA134, OPA137 and the OPA2107 and all are in the 8 Pin Dip configuration......

I would Like this Pre amp to be Pretty simple but I would like it to Support 48v Phantom Power and Only have a Gain/Volume Pot a Clipping Light and an On/Off switch......

I have Found quite a few Pre amp designs but most didn"t use the Op-amps that I have and were to complex and not detailed enough (No parts list and the Schematic isn"t detailed enough to tell me exactly what Parts are needed)

I would Like to Run the Pre-amp off of a 36v to 48v AC or DC adapter but if I have to build a seperate power supply I will but useing an adapter would make things easier......

So if anyone can Point me twards a good detailed schematic I would be very greatfull....

ThanX a Lot!!!!
Old 7th May 2006
Gear Addict

Hi,

I have a suggestion although it isn't exactly what you are asking for. Since no one else is replying I thought you might want to consider this.

You cn get a Bellari MP105 tube preamp and put your Burr Browns, or any kind of opamp, in its input and putput amp sockets. You can also get instructions for changing the pots and I believe caps too, from Black Lion Audio. I believe there are P/S upgrades too. Then of course trying different tubes....anyway, I had a lot of fun with an MP105 in this way awhile back, and it turned out to be a decent although highly colored preamp and a really good DI for my active Yammy bass.

Have you looked at the PAIA website? They may have something you like.....I understand their kits are more geared toward the DIY newb.

Good Luck,

M
Old 8th May 2006
The Seventh Circle guys have a knock-off of the Millenia preamp using OPA604 single package opamps. If you reduce the psu to under + - 18 volts you then can play around with the other BB parts.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades

P.S. The BB's are not the best sounding stuff out there, look around.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search