The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
nyquist responce theory useless Condenser Microphones
Old 8th May 2006
  #61
Lives for gear
 
Harley-OIART's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelingsat24khz ~ Post #49


[SNIP] ...if you are hearing something i am shure that it contains .... [SNIP]

The Court Of Trolls Hereby Finds You Guilty.


Minimal Offense Intended, but Take your Comedy elsewhere instead of dfegad on this well-respected server / forum.

(My not so humble opinion, )



- Scott Harloff
Check me @ www. (SORRY NO WEBSITE YeT ) .com


(-Peace )
Old 8th May 2006
  #62
Gear Head
 

so what does the brain do in the period when it is not sampling a waveform at its highest frequency. what does it put between the spaces. or does it just hold the sample like a digital recorder. i really has no other choice. so in order for the brain to suppress these incorect holding of the sample it employs a filter just like converter.

Our body can conciousley and unconciosley vibrate beyond any mesurment tools. why do you think it would not sample 100times the rate that you will become aware of.


I can hear the difference between a square and a sign on my analogue synth at higher frequencies
also you can hear higher frequency information useing two speakers of 20khz instead of one as the relationship of the two images adds new higher frequencies to that image.
Old 8th May 2006
  #63
Lives for gear
 
DeeDrive's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelingsat24khz
I can hear the difference between a square and a sign on my analogue synth at higher frequencies
also you can hear higher frequency information useing two speakers of 20khz instead of one as the relationship of the two images adds new higher frequencies to that image.
So what are you saying? The speakers your synth is hooked up to can play freqs above 20khz, 30 khz even?

You're right, most speakers don't go into this supersonic range, so what's the point of all your argument? what are you trying to say???
Old 8th May 2006
  #64
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDrive
So what are you saying? The speakers your synth is hooked up to can play freqs above 20khz, 30 khz even?

You're right, most speakers don't go into this supersonic range, so what's the point of all your argument? what are you trying to say???

there have been many points sharp and blunt.

and some irrelevant.
Old 8th May 2006
  #65
Lives for gear
bridges and caves

In Portland, there are bridges and overpasses for trolls to live under. Many of these concrete and steel structures have nice echo properties for homeless musicians and audiophiles (with battery-powered equipment).

I can't hear 22KHz, but at sufficient amplitude, it stings my eyes (or is that Spring, again?).

Bad/broken amplifiers might have ultrasonic oscillation, that might cut into audio headroom?

Goodnight Troll.

kgk.
Old 8th May 2006
  #66
Rep
Lives for gear
 
Rep's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelingsat24khz
there have been many points sharp and blunt.

and some irrelevant.
... so they finally kicked you Out of the other Forum for sturring up ****,

I can help with your confusion with this whole thing ,
let me put it in a way you can understand ;

The converter of the Response, will feel with the Belief of the reality.,
It will emit the sheen of the Light with the Clock...
above the radar of the Filtration will Embark with the Electrons .
Gear with the compositor will flux in the Terrarium of the placements.
Ok now ?
Old 8th May 2006
  #67
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep
... so they finally kicked you Out of the other Forum for sturring up ****,

I can help with your confusion with this whole thing ,
let me put it in a way you can understand ;

The converter of the Response, will feel with the Belief of the reality.,
It will emit the sheen of the Light with the Clock...
above the radar of the Filtration will Embark with the Electrons .
Gear with the compositor will flux in the Terrarium of the placements.
Ok now ?
"lightbulb"

the responce of the cognition will feed the reality.
it will emit sheen of light with external clock not of its origin (but dirrectly from it)
the filtration is non compramizing.....it will embark all within it's limited field.
the whole becomes greater than the sum of its parts.
Old 8th May 2006
  #68
Quote:
Originally Posted by moogus
Do some more reading on this subject before you waste any more server space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelingsat24khz
thats what they said to the guy who told everyone the earth was round.
columbus: no, the earth isn't flat! it's round i tell you! round!

some guy: do some more reading on this subject before you waste any more server space

columbus: what's a server space? geez and i thought i was a fruit loop.
Old 8th May 2006
  #69
Gear Head
 

...................
Old 8th May 2006
  #70
Gear Head
 

..........................................
Old 8th May 2006
  #71
Lives for gear
 
NetworkAudio's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by moogus
Ok, name another heh

Skygod you sound very confused.




M
Piccolo, Eb and Ab clarinet, high violin.

kjetil
Old 8th May 2006
  #72
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus13
In Portland, there are bridges and overpasses for trolls to live under. Many of these concrete and steel structures have nice echo properties for homeless musicians and audiophiles (with battery-powered equipment).

I can't hear 22KHz, but at sufficient amplitude, it stings my eyes (or is that Spring, again?).

Bad/broken amplifiers might have ultrasonic oscillation, that might cut into audio headroom?

Goodnight Troll.

kgk.

In Victoira Australia we have untouched mountains with lyerbirds that mimic musical instruments.


i cant hear the difference in the frequencey of the mountain range but i know when im in the place that is moveing the fastest. (or is that just the fish i ate)

cramped studios have ultrasonic oscillation that might damage amplifiers when used.
Old 8th May 2006
  #73
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus13
In Portland, there are bridges and overpasses for trolls to live under. Many of these concrete and steel structures have nice echo properties for homeless musicians and audiophiles (with battery-powered equipment).

I can't hear 22KHz, but at sufficient amplitude, it stings my eyes (or is that Spring, again?).

Bad/broken amplifiers might have ultrasonic oscillation, that might cut into audio headroom?

Goodnight Troll.

kgk.

In Victoira Australia we have untouched mountains with lyerbirds that mimic musical instruments.


i cant hear the difference in the frequencey of the mountain range but i know when im in the place that is moveing the fastest.

cramped studios have ultrasonic oscillation that might damage sensitive equipment when used.
Old 8th May 2006
  #74
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelingsat24khz
you want me to tell you if there is a difference with speakers that only go to 20khz.

I can hear the difference between a sine wave and a square wave on my analogue synth at frequencys around 10khz. .

Your analog synth isnt even making a perfect sine wave (SINE WAVE YOU MORON NOT SIGN WAVE) let alone a perfect square wave, not even close. Look at the square wave on a CRO - youll see it isnt square.

You are a fking space cadet! It is scary to think that people like you are roaming free on our streets...


M
Old 8th May 2006
  #75
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo_baby84
columbus: no, the earth isn't flat! it's round i tell you! round!

some guy: do some more reading on this subject before you waste any more server space

columbus: what's a server space? geez and i thought i was a fruit loop.

So you dont know much about history OR physics eh?

Thats great man, usually we dont brag about it on forums though...



M
Old 8th May 2006
  #76
Gear Head
 

[QUOTE=moogus]Your analog synth isnt even making a perfect sine wave (SINE WAVE YOU MORON NOT SIGN WAVE) let alone a perfect square wave, not even close. Look at the square wave on a CRO - youll see it isnt square.

You are a fking space cadet! It is scary to think that people like you are roaming free on our streets...



i was trying to point out my lack of ability to do the tests.

try filtering out all information below 10khz

sample at 44khz
and no matter what sound you feed it it will only be able to differentiate between only a few sounds.

record the same thing with 100khz mic at 192khz you will be adding two additional harmonics. and at least 9 more sounds that you can differentiate.

but before you listen you need to filter out all harmonics that do not correspond to the frequencies we are working with and only leave 10khz 20 40 so on within the spectrum
Old 8th May 2006
  #77
Gear Head
 

if we have a sound comprised of 10khz 20khz 40khz 80khz frequencies. lets assume 20khz is above the audible spectrum.

If we remove any of the frequencies above 10khz from the recording we would get a different perception of the sound. but if we removed only 10khz we would hear nothing.
Old 8th May 2006
  #78
Gear Head
 

to be certain that the correct dynamic is retained in the frequencies that we do hear we need to be able to record and respond to all frequencies moveing through the air.

this is because all frequencies change the dynamic of all the other frequencies. and if equipment is not able to respond all of the frequency it will lead to incorrectley representing the dynamics of frequencies below it. loud when it shoud have been soft (or vice versa) and each frequencies amplitude will be in the wrong time domain than it was when the higher frequencies where present. all of the frequencies will be at a different relationship to the fundamental in either patterns of loud then soft or irregularly in repeating long (incorrect) patterns.

so even at a frequency responce of 100khz we would only be able to have a 1 over 10 detenuation of the effects the higher overtones are haveing on a 10khz frequency. that means the error it will produce in reproducing the correct amplitude of that frequencey is one thenth of the actual given amplitude at any moment. wich should make it pretty accurate. at 20khz we would have a 1/5 of the amplitude as a maximum error when compared to the original amplitude at any given moment.

ribbon mics somehow seem to defy this.
Old 8th May 2006
  #79
Lives for gear
 
chriscoleman's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelingsat24khz
The more u know the more there is to know. And if you are never confused you will never propel yourself to a higher octave of understanding. the less you think you know the more knowledge that you have room for. stay pure.
I'll actually agree with that.

Quote:
yes i am confused.
...about digital audio theory? Yes you are.
Old 8th May 2006
  #80
Lives for gear
 
dubrichie's Avatar
dude.

dude, dude, dude...

i can put a cd of Exile On Main St. on a crappy €10 boombox and it sounds great to me. it has everything i need to hear to be happy to be alive.

i can then put it on a €1000 cd player connected to a €1000 amp connected to €2000 speakers and it sounds even better. amazing. makes my blood pump hot.

that's all i need to know about digital audio and cosmic vibes in one simple moment.

give us a giggle then get help. then get a life.

regards,

richie.
Old 8th May 2006
  #81
Lives for gear
 
Zwinter's Avatar
 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourier_transform

This is a great general overview (easy enough to understand, yet in depth enough to see the ramifications) of the Fourier transform.
Old 9th May 2006
  #82
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubrichie
dude.

dude, dude, dude...

i can put a cd of Exile On Main St. on a crappy €10 boombox and it sounds great to me. it has everything i need to hear to be happy to be alive.

i can then put it on a €1000 cd player connected to a €1000 amp connected to €2000 speakers and it sounds even better. amazing. makes my blood pump hot.

that's all i need to know about digital audio and cosmic vibes in one simple moment.

give us a giggle then get help. then get a life.

regards,

richie.

hi richie
i too know how to cosmicaly connect with electronic sounds from a stereo.

however, what you are connecting with, is either contributing to you energy level or takeing away from it. and most people havent a clue whether external circumstances are allowing them to gain or lose energy.

im guessing the type of music you listen to gets u in the mood within 2 sec, able to open your heart in a flash. this is because you have little sensitivity to outside cirrcumstances and need something very in you face to open your heart.

knowing what i am trying to know will make no difference to most people. as they do not require a gentle oppening of the heart and cannot be led to open it gently with that kind of music.

most producers and songwriters want to open your heart in a flash without realising that that is the most primative way to feel music.
it is time to evolve.
Old 9th May 2006
  #83
Gear Head
 

i must say that even with all of the inssulting i managed to learn how audio works and how digital works. i agree with nyquist. however i still believe that i require 100khz recording capability to achieve resonable continuity when recording musical improvisations (wich contain the most intense continuity) in the forest with mimiking birds. this will allow hearts to stay open without much interaction from the listener.

Chris i am not confused about digital audio any more. but someday i might choose to be.
Old 9th May 2006
  #84
Lives for gear
 
ulysses's Avatar
Quote:
however i still believe that i require 100khz recording capability to achieve resonable continuity
Yes, and you're still wrong. You believe that you can discern the difference between different 20kHz waveforms, but you actually can't.
Old 9th May 2006
  #85
Lives for gear
 
gyraf's Avatar
 

A hint for this discussion: Phase quantizising...

Jakob E.
Old 9th May 2006
  #86
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysses
Yes, and you're still wrong. You believe that you can discern the difference between different 20kHz waveforms, but you actually can't.
u seem to understand audio the way i did three days ago.
i don't mind being wrong, neither does a 20khz waveform.
try to looking at it like this. there is no such thing as a 20khz wave FORM anything defining that form is actually a higher frequency overtone. if you mix a 20khz and 5khz signal then you will be changing the properties of the one and only amplitude moveing through the air at a given moment and you will be adding higher than 20khz overtones. wich in turn effect the amplitude of the other frequencies.

what ia am saying is that the higher (inaudible frequencies) affect the applitudes of all the other frequencies present. so you will still end up with a close representation of the signal because the frequencies your hearing are still there but they are not at the correct amplitudes.
Old 9th May 2006
  #87
Lives for gear
 
Harley-OIART's Avatar
 

Could a Moderator :

PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD!
Old 10th May 2006
  #88
Gear Addict
 

Talking

Bump. fuuck
Old 10th May 2006
  #89
Lives for gear
 
ulysses's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelingsat24khz
there is no such thing as a 20khz wave FORM anything defining that form is actually a higher frequency overtone.
Exactly. But those overtones won't make a bit of difference to your perception of the audio unless you are physically capable of perceiving those overtones.
Old 11th May 2006
  #90
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysses
Exactly. But those overtones won't make a bit of difference to your perception of the audio unless you are physically capable of perceiving those overtones.


You will percieve them in the way they effect the frequencies that you can hear.


We may not know something is there because we can't see it directly. the art of percieving the unseen/unkown effecting the seen/known is akin to magic/sorcery.

Last edited by Feelingsat24khz; 11th May 2006 at 10:24 AM..
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
u b k / So much gear, so little time
11
soultrane / So much gear, so little time
21
faeflora / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
5
Chris Parsons / Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show and Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs
3
BrianT / Music Computers
4

Forum Jump
Forum Jump