Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
Akai S612 Problem
Old 11th January 2012
Gear interested

Akai S612 Problem

Hey everyone, I just got an Akai s612 (to go with me AX60.) However, I am getting no input, from either input. Everything else seems to be working just fine, the sample recording etc. So I'm guessing one of the op amps is out...Only I can't find a schematic for this thing, so I can't start tracing the signal,,,Anyone have any idea if I'm on the right track, or know where I can find a schematic? I got this thing for $5 and the DIY in me really wants to see her live again.
Old 11th January 2012
Lives for gear

Check the power supply first.
Old 12th January 2012
Gear interested

The power supply is good, all lights come on, the buttons all work, when you push sample it starts recording. The meter lights up. I just have no signal from either input, which makes me think one of the opamps in the input chain is out.
Old 13th January 2012
Gear interested

acreil you must be some psychic genius. I decided to take another look last night. The power supply board had a small crack in it that I had missed that was right between one of the large electrolytic capacitors and a small jumper. So I soldered in a jumper between the two and boom everything works now. I'm guess that the crack had kept power from going to some of those TL082s.

Your post just saved me the $35 I was literally 5 minutes away from spending on the schematic. Many thanks
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search