The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ART MPA Gold preamp VU meter bulbs???
Old 18th September 2011
Here for the gear

ART MPA Gold preamp VU meter bulbs???

I need a bulb for the VU meters on my preamp. It is a fuse type bulb but I can't find any info on the specs of the bulb...no markings on the bulbs that are in there now. Anyone one know what bulb this takes and where I can find some? Thanks! Mark
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Maniac

If ART cannot help with the lamp specification - measure the voltage present across the lamp and take it from there.......

Do consider an LED conversion - there is plenty of information available on the Web regarding the most appropriate types to use - they can look really good, don't generate heat that can damage plastic meter mouldings - and will last a very long time!
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

If a schemo will help you...

http://www.harmoniccycle.com/hc/imag...-schematic.pdf
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Going from the schemo, I would guess 12volt, 100mA. (-15volt+27ohm resistor)
Old 21st September 2011
Here for the gear

I ordered some bulbs from a couple different dealers that were mentioned in similar threads.

I've got some coming from AudioMaintenance.com, had to have a minimum order of $25.00 USD. these were listed as 12v 1.2 watt and the bulb size seemed right. These apparantley worked for someone else...we'll see...

and some from Vintage electronics, these are 12v 150ma and look like the right size.

I am going to consider the LED conversion.

Thanks for the schematic!
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

12volt 1.2watt = 100mA..

150mA bulbs will make the light "warmer", because of more volt-drop over the 27ohm series resistor.
Old 21st September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeYoo View Post
12volt 1.2watt = 100mA..

150mA bulbs will make the light "warmer", because of more volt-drop over the 27ohm series resistor.
Thanks LeeYoo, You made my day!
Old 21st September 2011
Here for the gear

I just received an email from ART. They said that they will send me a few bulbs...FREE no shipping charges or anything! Two thumbs up for their customer service. Too bad I've already shelled out about $35.00 to get some bulbs from a couple of electronics vendors... Well at least I'll have a bunch of spares... So if someone stumbles upon this thread because you are trying to find some bulbs I may have a few to sell.
Old 22nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by markophonic View Post
I just received an email from ART. They said that they will send me a few bulbs...FREE no shipping charges or anything! Two thumbs up for their customer service. Too bad I've already shelled out about $35.00 to get some bulbs from a couple of electronics vendors... Well at least I'll have a bunch of spares... So if someone stumbles upon this thread because you are trying to find some bulbs I may have a few to sell.
ART sent me some bulbs for my pro VLA. They are nice guys!
Old 25th September 2011
Here for the gear

A little customer service goes a long way with me. I have had issues with other companies that weren't satisfactory. They sent me 2 bulbs for free. Couldn't be happier!
Old 24th January 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d.finley View Post
ART sent me some bulbs for my pro VLA. They are nice guys!
Same here. Had a lamp go out on one of my VLA's, contacted ART and before I knew it 3 showed up in the mail! Great customer service.

Lamps are slightly different than the one that came out but fit and work just fine.

Old 14th November 2014
Here for the gear

Hello,

How do you get in contact to ART?

I need a pair of bulbs and tried to reach them at their facebook page or email [email protected] but no one answered me.

Regards
Old 17th November 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodleela View Post
Hello,

How do you get in contact to ART?

I need a pair of bulbs and tried to reach them at their facebook page or email [email protected] but no one answered me.

Regards
Just looked at the email I sent to them way back from December 2011 and I used the same email, [email protected]. They replied 3 days later asking my address to send me some.

Not sure why they haven't replied as that email is still listed on their site under the Technical FAQ's page.
Old 20th January 2017
ART customer service still aces

Just wanted to bump this old thread because ART's customer service deserves the positive attention. The bulb in my original Digital MPA's one channel blew out a number of years ago, and it's always bothered me but I didn't bother to look too deeply into replacing it until stumbling on this thread a couple months ago.

I first tried emailing the support email address a couple times and got no response, so I was a little disheartened; the last positive experiences in this thread were from 2012 so I started thinking maybe ART doesn't support their legacy units anymore but then I looked through the Digital MPA manual, and found a Customer support phone #. I called them up and they took down my name & address to send me some free replacement bulbs!
Old 2nd July 2017
Gear Head

I see that this is an old tread. I just observed my VU light on my ART Digital MPA 11 blinking and getting dim. I also have a clicking and blinking on the Samplerate/Optical pot blue light. Can anyone tell me how to contact ART? I sent a mail to them but got no reply.
Old 2nd July 2017
Gear Head

Anyone?
Old 2nd July 2017
[email protected]

I just emailed them asking for a bulb for my Tube Channel.
Old 2nd July 2017
Gear Head

Ok.I am paying attention.
Old 5th July 2017
Gear Head

Any word yet from ART?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search