The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ART Pro VLA II opamps? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

ART Pro VLA II opamps?

Hi,

Are any of the opamps on the ART Pro VLA socketed and has anyone replaced any of these?
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

I looked in the vla 2 I just got and 2 of the opamps are socketed. I haven't got around to modding it yet or looking at which opamps the socketed ones are. I have been using it to much since I got it. There is a whole thread on modding these in the prodigy pro forums you would just have to figure out which ones are which.

The other things I would like to know if it would be ok to replace the 4 1000uf 35v powersupply caps in there with the same value panasonics. I know that seems like a no brainer but I replaced power supply caps on an alesis 3630 with larger ones and after that it seemed to really throw off the eq on my mixes. I don't know if that the alesis just does that or if me modding had anything to do with it.

Also in all the mods I have read on these things it says replace the 300ohm resistors with 200ohm and I never understood that either. Why would that work if your changing the resistance. Does it need a different resistance becuase of the op amp swaps people are doing on these or if it just works for some other reason.
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

None of the opamps in the audio path are socketed. There is an i/o board separate from the main board inside that has 2 input and 2 output opamps on it. These are the easiest to get to. I did the whole swapping thing, but I liked the stock version better and just kept it that way.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search