The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone have an EPROM programmer? Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Anyone have an EPROM programmer?

I've got an Akai S3200XL sampler and it needs an EPROM upgrade. These EPROMs are nearly impossible to find. I've got what I think is the program image (cod file) so maybe this is simply a matter of burning the OS onto an EPROM.

If anyone has one of these, please let me know. I'll give you some cash for your trouble and shipping.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

What size eproms? I have an old programmer, does up to 27c040.
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

I'm not sure which size it is. I'll have to take the top off and look at it. I'm in the USA, so shipping from New Zealand is a bit.... but I guess I have no choice either. Depending on how much these programmers are it might be better to just buy one and some blank EPROMs myself.
Old 6th September 2011
Gear Head

I can program most kinds of EPROMs and am located in California. I charge $10 per EPROM. Drop me a line if interested.
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear

It's a 32-pin EPROM (16 prongs on each side). It has a little logo and says Malaysia at the top and at the bottom it says,

AM27C040
-1500C
9541APC
1990 AMD

Not sure if that size EPROM is readily available. I have the cod file but I used that for making a floppy disk of the OS. I'm not sure if that's what you'd need to program the EPROM. However there's someone out there with the program for the EPROM and I'm getting it from him shortly. I'd appreciate it if anyone can help out.

You've got another PM pj.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search