The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Question about battery powering an Apogee Mini-Me Utility Plugins
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear
Question about battery powering an Apogee Mini-Me

I'm using a DIY 12 volt Li-Ion battery pack to power an Apogee Mini-Me and an M-Audio Microtrack II. It keeps both running for about 3 hours, after which the power's down to 10 volts under load and the MiniMe just dies after another 30 minutes or so, so I try to switch batteries every 3 hours or sooner.

I use an efficient (> 85%) TI PT78ST105 DC-DC regulator for the MT2's 5 volt operation. I could also get another to do 6 VDC for the Mini-Me and I'm wondering if it's worth the bother. The Mini-Me pulls 475 mW at 12 volts but can run from 6-16v. If I use a DC-DC regulator to feed it 6 VDC, will it actually extend the battery time by a significant margin? These regulators can handle 1.5 A.

TIA

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search