The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
subwoofer question....need help Studio Monitors
Old 5th March 2006
Here for the gear

subwoofer question....need help

subwoofer question...need help
------------------------------------------------------------------------
..i recently purchased a Blue Sky 8" sub to go along with my Event 20/20p's..after hooking them up i realized the right side of my events where about 4 to 5 db quieter than the left side. The right side being the speaker which hold's the power amp for both.
Soundcraft 6000..pin 1 ground/pin 2 hot/pin 3 cold..to
sub.same pin config
event's same pin config
When i hook it back up without the sub, both sides equal level.
Any thoughts or advice on this would be of great help
thanks
bruce
Old 5th March 2006
WHITEAUDIOLABs
Where is the signal coming from that is used to drive the sub?

If you are just splitting the signal between the powered monitors and the sub, that could be the problem.
Old 5th March 2006
Here for the gear

thanks, the signal is coming from the control room outs -soundcrsft 6000 xlr, to sub xlr, to events xlr all balanced all the same pin config.
these events are the 20/20p's which have the amp in one cabinet powering both speaker's
bruce
Old 5th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce
thanks, the signal is coming from the control room outs -soundcrsft 6000 xlr, to sub xlr, to events xlr all balanced all the same pin config.
these events are the 20/20p's which have the amp in one cabinet powering both speaker's
bruce
Strange...

I have the bigger Blue Sky sub and I know that mine have right out and left out I asume it's the same on your sub. Are both left and right going to the amped speaker and then one cable from speaker to speaker? Test swap cables around to elaminate cable issues if the cables seems ok then perhaps it's the sub that needs a fix.

/Cojo
Old 5th March 2006
Here for the gear

exactly ..xlr cables to event and speaker cable to sattalite...i've swapped out cables, no luck there.....hmmm... how would i check the subs outputs, since that seems like what it probably is.
bruce
Old 5th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce
exactly ..xlr cables to event and speaker cable to sattalite...i've swapped out cables, no luck there.....hmmm... how would i check the subs outputs, since that seems like what it probably is.
bruce
Well I think the sub has HP-filtered line out so you could just run the outputs from the sub to any line driven device (with level indicators) to check the level.

/Cojo
Old 5th March 2006
Here for the gear

yes ....of course.
thanks a bunch
i'll post back later and let you know
bruce

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search