The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help With Euphonix CS2000 Consoles
Old 2nd January 2011
Help With Euphonix CS2000

I was just given a Euphonix CS2000 72 Fader Console and I need help getting it out the door. The frame needs to be disassembled (The legs don't come off, and I don't want to use the Sawzall) Anyone have the information on how to disassemble the buckets? Or if there is anyone out there that can do it in the Camarillo area. I called Ken Hirsh and he was busy. I need to move it by mid January.
Then of course I have to find somewhere to put it, the guy that I work for just doesn't want it in the new studio that we are building.

Thank you, and Happy New Year!!
Steve McDonald
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

You got given a console? Pretty good!
Look in the manual.
There is an A4 manual called 'CSII/CS2000 Installation and service manual'.
It shows the console as coming complete in a crate, so maybe yours did too.
Find out from the previous owner how they got it into where it is.
Hire a good moving company that are experienced with computers/audio.
After all, you got it for free, you are ahead on the money.
Or is it starting to dawn why you got it for free?
Old 6th January 2011
Lives for gear
There is a useful Facebook group (!) at Euphonix CS-Series Owners Group | Facebook which has some knowledgeable people on it.

Also check out - http://connect.euphonix.com/document...nstall_Man.pdf
Old 8th January 2011
Thanks for the replies. I have the manuals, and the previous owner is the guy I work for, so I was there for the install. It came in by breaking it down to the three buckets, hence the question "Anyone have the information on how to disassemble the buckets?" Still hoping plus I'm still trying to get Ken to come out and do it.

Steve
Old 8th January 2011
Lives for gear

You need to take all the modules out anyway, to get the weight down and
to prevent damage to them. So do that and the construction should become clear. Just note what you do as you do it, and you can always go back to how it was.
Old 9th January 2011
Gear Nut

It is easy! On the top of the meterbridge you fold back the top, then you pull out the "blocks" over the meters. Then you will see handels behind the meters. Grab them and pull the channals out..
Old 9th January 2011
Gear Nut

Once the electronics is away you will see how to dismantel the frame.
Old 28th March 2011
How to Break-Down a Euphonix CS Series Surface

I have a couple of CS consoles (a CS2000 and a CS3000) and can tell you the following about disassembling them. Largely, it’s a very simple process (especially compared to other large format analog consoles). Get a friend, practice a little patience, and it will break the entire surface down to sub-40lb sections in about an hour.

1) Open the top hinged covers and remove all of the fader, master, DSC, and other packs.

2) Go to the bottom of the board and open all of the hinged “hatches”, exposing the control surface power supply on the right of the console and (if equipped) the scribble strip power supply and connections on the left.

3) Take clear pictures of the top and bottom surfaces of all buckets showing all ribbon and power connections for future reference. Mark both sides of all MOLEX , ribbon, and other connectors before removal.

4) Disconnect all ribbon and power connections from the top-surface of the buckets. Take care that there will be one or more ground connections that are in the PCB with set-screws – everything else should be easily removed.

5) NOTE: Euphonix consoles have been pretty heavily customized over the years. If yours has additional bridge metering, scribble strip support, Trackball, Martin Sound monitor controllers, or any other special customization, take note of any additional cabling.

6) Disconnect all power and ribbon connectors and REMOVE all looms from the underside of the console.

7) Locate, disconnect, and remove the “cross-bucket” short ribbons on the underside of the console that bridge the bucket PCBs together.

8) At this point, there should be no ribbon, power, or other cable on / in the surface. On the underside you will have the power supplies with associated un-terminated connectors. Make sure everything else has been removed.

9) For each bucket, there are 2 bolts near the front (nose) of the console, and two near the rear (lower). These need to be removed across ALL buckets. There is no need to remove the cross braces toward the rear on the buckets – they may stay intact.

10) Once the bolts have been removed, remove all plastic spacer panels between the buckets. There will be similar spacers made of metal on either end of the console remaining. Under the console near the front on either side there will be two bolts (rather close together) that must be loosened before the metal spacers can be removed.

11) Depending on the model of your console (CS2000 or CS3000), there may be copper feelers on the bottom edge of each bucket that apply pressure to the buckets once inserted into the frame – be careful not to damage these when moving onto the next step.

12) The buckets should now be fairly loose. Starting with either side, grab the back of a bucket and wiggle while tilting slightly up and forward – the bucket will come loose from the frame. Take care that the front lip of the bucket CLEARS the leather arm rest – you may have to sort-of pry it over the lip of the arm rest. Once clear the bucket will simply lift out of the frame. Repeat for the remaining buckets.

13) Now that all of the buckets are out, you will see you are left with 4 major pieces: 2 aluminum legs, a front rail (with arm rests intact), and a rear rail. Best to have someone to help for the remaining steps.

14) You will see several bolts that connect the front and rear rails to the legs. They attach to a piece of angled steel that serves as the connection point between the legs and rails. DO NOT REMOVE THE BOLTS THAT CONNECT THE LEGS TO THIS ANGLED STEEL PIECE, as this sets the squaring for the legs (and thus the entire surface). You simply need to remove the bolts connecting the front and rear rails to this steel part – very simple.

15) NOTE: The rolling keyboard tray connected to the underside of the front rail needs to be immobilized or else it will slide around and potentially damage it and you.

That should have you rolling with a much easier-to-move console. Now all you have to do is get about 20 large dudes to help remove and move all the ELCO cables.
Old 22nd July 2011
Here for the gear

I'm in need of some help as well!

I just acquired a CSii2000. I started it up once before "permanently" installing it. It fired up perfectly and the fans on the tower were working. Everything seemed to be great.

Then after permanent install, I went to start it up and at first it seemed to be working well. Then from in the control room, I thought I smelled something. (I had the door to the machine room open), and sure enough, when I went back the tower wasn't working. The smell wasn't overwhelming by any means, but definitely came from the tower. Now the unit won't turn on. It's not the power breaker because I've plugged in other items to the outlet and they work fine.

I opened it up and the row of fuses on the power supply seem to be in tact. But now, when I flip the switch on the tower, Nothing.

Any ideas?
Old 22nd July 2011
Lives for gear

The tower needs a constant flow of cool air, so if you let it get hot it will be damaged. Sounds like power supply has gone. If you are competent technically, then get into it, but you will need the manual. Otherwise get a good tech.
Old 22nd July 2011
Here for the gear

Ok, So I sort of feel like an idiot, but this is somewhat understandable.

The power cable that I was actually using was bad... who would've thought.

It's all good to go now!

Thanks.
Old 26th July 2011
Here for the gear

Anyone know where I could get a software install for this?

Also, the console is giving me an insane amount of noise/buzzing/squealing when I try plug it into my monitors... The tower is grounded per the service manual. Ideas?
Old 5th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipwork View Post
Anyone know where I could get a software install for this?

Also, the console is giving me an insane amount of noise/buzzing/squealing when I try plug it into my monitors... The tower is grounded per the service manual. Ideas?

What do you mean by software? OS should be installed on computer already as well as all the test algos. As far as noise it sounds like you have a feedback loop somewhere - make sure all gains (M and L) all the way down, chnls off, auxes down, main outs (1 and 2) off and start from there.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search