The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looking for info on DBX 160X Terminal Bar screws Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Looking for info on DBX 160X Terminal Bar screws

I recently acquired a used DBX 160x. When I received the unit, I found that only 2 screws were included in the rear terminal bar.

Do any of you have information on the proper screw size so that I can find some additional screws to install? Will regular zinc screws be fine for the task?

Should I include screws in all of the terminals, or only the ones in which they are necessary to hold the metal links in place?

Thanks!
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

I think it's zinc-plated steel. I just verified a datasheet from a Buchannan terminal strip and that's what it said the screws are made of. And you either have 4-40 or 3. something metric screws.
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear
Most of the dbx stuff I've used that had barrier strips, the screws were 6-32. 4-40 is a bit small.
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

I agree. I was looking at a the first data sheet I could lay my eyes on. I admit it was a quick response and should have thought that out more!
Old 22nd June 2011
Lives for gear

I could just run one of these screws down to home depot to verify, but I'm going to try to pick some up online.

Is 6-32 the consensus? Thanks!
Old 22nd June 2011
Lives for gear

they're pan-head screws, and 6-32 is the same size and threadpitch as the screws holding your wallplates on.
Old 22nd June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripple_fx1 View Post
they're pan-head screws, and 6-32 is the same size and threadpitch as the screws holding your wallplates on.
Sweet. Thanks.
Old 24th June 2011
Gear Addict

Actually most terminal strips use Binding Head Screws in 6-32. Here's a link for them-

McMaster-Carr

But any 6-32 from Home Depot will work.

-Tony
Old 25th June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarra View Post
Actually most terminal strips use Binding Head Screws in 6-32. Here's a link for them-

McMaster-Carr

But any 6-32 from Home Depot will work.

-Tony
That is definitely the correct head style, but I just picked up a bunch of 1/4" long 6-32 Round Heads from Radio Shack and they seem to work flawlessly. I can't imagine the head type affecting the screw for this intended function, right? Thanks for the tip!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search