The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hammond spinet M noise
Old 27th December 2010
Here for the gear

Hammond spinet M noise

Picked this up for $175 close by my house. Hooked it up to a Leslie 145. Everything sounds great but the organ is starting to make low level popping noises. I've determined it's the organ, not the leslie as it comes from the internal speaker, too even when the Leslie is off. Also, it is unaffected by the volume (expression) pedal. Low enough that I can still play and not be bothered but I am wondering if it can be fixed. Thanks all. I'm new to the forum.
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Sounds like the power amp is in need of some attention. Could be a wide variety of things, but failing electrolytic capacitors is the more likely cause.

You'll find the schematics fairly easily on the web and the amp technology isn't particularly complicated, so any competent tech should be able to sort it out for you.
Old 28th December 2010
Here for the gear

Thanks for your reply. From what I am reading on the web, it sounds like the caps should be replaced for sure as these are 60 years old now- and the likely source of my problem. Question is, can I perform this replacement myself?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search