The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
HW Buffers in Pro Tools 9 DAW Software
Old 20th December 2010
HW Buffers in Pro Tools 9

This is probably in the wrong section, but the GS forum is kind of confusing with its sections....so I'll apologize now.

After upgrading to pro tools 9 from pro tools 8 m-powered, I realize that all my sessions can no longer achieve 2048 sample hw buffers. It was very important that my system was able to have the high of a buffer because it would glitch out with anything less (I'm running quite large sessions). The highest I'm able to go is 1024. Does anyone know why this was changed? I did some searching and found out that you can get 2048 sample buffers going when you set the session up for 88.2 khz sample rates when you first create the session...but what about all my sessions that all already saved as 44.1? Also, I know nothing about sample rate conversions...with bit rate, if you record at 24 bits, you have to dither to change it back to 16 before you burn to an audio cd...what all do you have to do when you bounce down a 88.2 khz session file to get it back to 44.1? Just select 44.1 as the bounce option? or do I have to do anything extra?

So to re-ask my questions in an easy manor...

1) Does anyone know why I dont have a 2048 hw buffer option in pro tools 9 on my 44.1 khz sessions?

2) Is there a way to use get 2048 hw buffers back in my 44.1 khz sessions?

2) If I decide to start recording 88.2 Khz sample rate songs...What all do I have to know about it? How do I convert from 88.2 to 44.1? Will it put anymore strain on my system?

Sorry if that was more redundant than it needed to be...
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search