The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Rosetta 800 output voltage??? Digital Converters
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Rosetta 800 output voltage???

I'm currently using an RME Multiface I as my DAW I/O and although I've been happy with it sonically speaking I got a rude awakening when I discovered that the +4 output that the unit claims to have is not a true professional +4dBU.

The Multiface has internal jumper settings (one of which is "+4") but when I tried to calibrate my system to +4 I discovered that the output only measured 0.338V, as opposed to 1.228V. After some research I discovered that this was within the range that RME intended for the +4 setting on the multiface. (If you're interested in reading more about the sordid tail chase of me figuring this out you can find it here: NOC house ref levels... what are they?)

This brings me back to the topic at hand. I'm upgrading my system and was interested in an 8 channel DAW interface with adjustable trim ouputs- much like the Lynx Aurora 16-VT or some of the PT hardware but would like to keep the budget for interface and any associated cards under $2K. My dealer had mentioned the Rosetta 800 but after researching I realized that they have the same jumper design as the Multiface. SO my question is have any of the Rosetta 800 owners here ever measured the outputs? I would gladly pick one up if they truly had a +4=1.228V system. I just don't want to go through the cost and hassle of upgrading only to find that I've sidegraded instead.

Also, if anyone knows of a quality system that meets my requirements for under $2k I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Maniac

Anyone? Any... one?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search