The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MODS For Soundcraft 400b Input Modules
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Those are the original connectors from the ribbon cable. The 400b used wire loom rather than ribbon cable. I have an extra master module if your interested in it. It came out of a 16 channel. I was working when I combined the two consoles but someone cut traces and did point to point with it. That console had been toured and looked like it may have had some kind of water event. But everything worked including the master. I recapped mine with Panasonic FM, bypassed them with WIMA .01/250, used value for value WIMA’s in the EQ section, used OPA2134 in the first 3 spots decoupled with .1uf ceramics and added 23pf feedback caps on the feedback loops that had resistors in them and didn’t have caps. I used LME49710 in the last op amp position. There’s a 75ohm resistor off that one and right after it is where you pick up for the direct outs. I’ve tried replacing the transistors twice with no luck. 16 of the 32 channels have had all the carbon film resistors replaces with Dale CMF55 series metal film. I do 8 modules every month and will finish the entire console shortly. It’s a lot of work but all the little things add up to a huge improvement. What are you doing for power?

Last edited by Brian M. Boykin; 4 weeks ago at 08:56 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. Boykin View Post
Those are the original connectors from the ribbon cable. The 400b used wire loom rather than ribbon cable.
I need something to attach cables to the connectors on the boards. The ones on the picture look like they might be standard Molex or something.... but there are so many connector types out there, so it's a bit like finding a needle in a haystack if you don't know where to look

I got the original 400B power supply along with the channels but I plan to flip it and get a PowerOne instead.

As for the master module, I actually don't mind doing it myself but thanks for asking. I just need level controls for the master and the aux sends, no groups or monitoring or returns or anything like that, so I will build one that is just 1 channel wide. Also, mine are monitor channels, so they have 8 aux sends and a pot for the channel gain instead of a fader.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. Boykin View Post
all the little things add up
Well, that's the essence of audio engineering if you ask me

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search