The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help with repair project of "unknown" french broadcast mixer. (AMiX) ?
Old 28th June 2010
Here for the gear

Help with repair project of "unknown" french broadcast mixer. (AMiX) ?

Hi all, first post for me here after years of lurking.

Background: I'm a technician working my way from the homestudio level and upwards. I got small to none experience with the inside of a mixing console and no electrical education whatsoever. But I'm quite techincally skilled and right now I'm taking on the project to understand and learn to maintain and repair a mixer. That's what this thread is about.

So, the project:

I've picked up an old broadcasting mixer from a local radiostation that I will try to understand, modify and play around with. If I manage to get it working the way I wan't to and find out it sounds good the plan is to use it as a summing mixer for my DAW and use a few preamp channels for recording.

The mixer is a french made thing from "AMiX". I guess late eighties maybe?

The easiest way would ofcourse be to get the schematics and go from there, but I can't find any info at all on the net and a mail to the company AMiX (who makes DJ consoles now) didn't help at all since the didn't know about the mixer and who built it.

So far I've picked out the channels i want to use and cleaned them up. Everything seems to work ok. I havn't really started to listen to how it sounds, compairing the preamps and stuff yet, looking for hum and noice and stuff.

I've made a nice board for the middlesection where I've removed a couple of channels. Mouse & keyboard was my plan there..

So, I'll update as the project goes, but for now:

Anyone seen or used a AMiX mixer?

Anyone have any idea of where to search for schematics?

Anyone skilled who want's to give me feedback and tips in this thread in the future?

Anyone have any experience with the Melodium input transformers in the preamps?

A few pics attached.

Keeping you updated!
Attached Thumbnails
Help with repair project of "unknown" french broadcast mixer. (AMiX) ?-mixer1.jpg   Help with repair project of "unknown" french broadcast mixer. (AMiX) ?-mixer2.jpg   Help with repair project of "unknown" french broadcast mixer. (AMiX) ?-mixer3.jpg   Help with repair project of "unknown" french broadcast mixer. (AMiX) ?-mixer4.jpg   Help with repair project of "unknown" french broadcast mixer. (AMiX) ?-mixer5.jpg  

Old 6th October 2010
Here for the gear

Hi

I and a few friends are running a student radio station. This semster we had to move to a new studio and install all equipment again, among which an AMiX CSL A.M mixer! We have spent the last days trying to remember how everything was connected before and how to improve it, searching for the manual for the mixer on the internet, and this thread is the closest we came .... until today! We found the manual, including schematics, and managed to get it working.

If you still need it I can scan it and upload it?

In either way, please keep us updated on your progress!
Old 8th March 2011
Here for the gear

Hello,

For me the same, I need schematics of the Amix board.

Thanks to help.
Old 18th June 2012
Here for the gear

Hi, I also could use the manual and schematics. Could anyone help me?
Kindly regards, Jan
Old 18th June 2012
Lives for gear

Anyone have any idea of where to search for schematics?

My initial reaction would be to go back to the station and ask them if they can find it in their "tech" department (if they have one or had one). Radio stattions should keep documentation about this stuff because if they ever need to service it, especially in pre-internet days, they needed the documentation.

Other than that, I'm waiting the our frech slutzs to see these thread.

You're actually very lucky that the thing works, so maybe you don't need a schematic yet. But, whil eit is working I would take voltage readings from the power supply and all over the channel strips to record "normal functional operation" conditions...

my 2c
Old 21st June 2012
Here for the gear

Hi, We have this mixer for over 5 years. We baught it in 2006. Some channels didn't work well at that time. I fixed them without schematics. Even the power supply had to be repaired. I can't ask it at the radiostation where it came from because it doesn't exist anymore and I baught it from a person hwo baught it from another person etc. As a matter affect I'm already looking for it during several years until I saw this thread on this site. So why not trying it by simply asking. I just want to make simply changes in this mixer but really need the schematics.
Kindly regards, Jan
Old 19th September 2012
Here for the gear

AMIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanstreep View Post
Hi, I also could use the manual and schematics. Could anyone help me?
Kindly regards, Jan
Hi Jeanstreep, Did you have any joy in receiving a manual or schematics of the AMIX Broadcast console as I also have one I need to service.The compressor does not work and a few other cranky things
Old 6th October 2012
Here for the gear

Hi, SkipHunter, no schematics received or found. Kindly regards, Jan
Old 2nd February 2013
Here for the gear

Still no one has found any information on this desk..
I have now found one of these interesting boards, on first glance no reason why this should not be a bit of a classic, a few transformer couplings and descretes.
Anyway , I am embarking on a full recap and chip and will log all effects along the way.
So sould be able to track errors , failures and symptoms.
Happy to help with this one< and if a schematic comes up lets share... Cap.
Old 3rd May 2013
Here for the gear

CapHunter, im supposed to pick one of these up with few working channels. Please update with your fixes and i might to be able to restore it as well. I have no real knowledge about electronics but it would be fun to give it a try to learn how these things work. I can use a soldering iron a bit, so would be a fun project to learn
Old 22nd July 2018
Here for the gear

Hello
New here to the forum
A bit of a long shot, but does anyone have a schematic or can point me in the direction of schematics on the AMIX mixer?
Picked it up from a one man radio station up north in Sweden.
If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it!
Old 15th November 2019
Here for the gear

Hi !
Same here fellaz,
Sorry to dig this thread up but i have an Amix console as well
(seems like a smaller version of the csl av 20)
If anyone has the schematics/manual and any info on what i have, value etc. i'd really appreciate it !!

here's a few pictures (sorry i can't seem to be allowed to upload pictures) :
https://medias.audiofanzine.com/imag...ix-2800927.jpg
https://medias.audiofanzine.com/imag...ix-2800928.jpg
https://medias.audiofanzine.com/imag...ix-2800929.jpg
Old 3rd December 2019
Here for the gear

Anyone ?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search