The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Quasimidi 309 DSP Issue
Old 10th June 2010
Quasimidi 309 DSP Issue

Hello,

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, wasn't sure where it goes...

I recently purchased a Quaismidi 309 from a friend. Unfortunately every month or so, I get a DSP Init Error and the whole thing goes crazy. Thus, I re-initialize and then it works for about another month. It is a major problem because the re-intiailizing wipes out all my data (sounds, patterns etc.) Any idea on how to fix this?

If not, any idea how to get the 309 to take back the Sysex file? I was able to get it to Bulk Dump the Sysex File before I had to reinitialize (I think) and I was hoping to dump the Sysex File back in. I have the manual (translated to Eng) and I don’t see any instructions anywhere.

Help on either of these issues would be extremely helpful. Thanks!
---
PS. I sent this to the Quasimidi (German) people and this is what they said. I have absoultely no idea what this means:
---
Hello Paul

I think we must make a smd-rework on your DSP or mask-roms. Do you have saved your sysex before you have initialized ?
You can send it back with a normal hard- or softwaresequencer and all is before inside s-ram. It is important to change the cmos-battery if
10 years ago from the last changing.

Best Regards
Matthias Spelbrink
Old 10th June 2010
Lives for gear

They suggest you to send the unit to them, so they will be able to resolder some memory related things. Also a backup battery needs to be replaced if the unit is older than 10 years old.
Old 19th January 2020
Here for the gear
Hi AtticaEnumbrea,

It's been a while since your post and pologies for resurrecting this thread

Wondering if you got around to getting the DSP init error fixed ?
I have been facing the same with a Sirius unit, but in my case the DSP error never goes and freezes other controls.
I have tried replacing the backup battery, but have had no luck.
Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Best regards.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search