The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Deltalab DL-2 Service Manual wanted
Old 18th May 2013
Lives for gear

No problem!

Let's bring on the User and Service Manuals!
Old 19th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus 6 View Post
Hey fellow DL-2 owners, while we're all kicking around here, anyone care to comment on the 'sustain/sample' function and how to make it work?
I have a sneaking suspicion mine is busted as it just farts out a dense digitized cloud every time I flip the switch, and without a manual to reference I'm starting to think I can even smell them.
That being said 'human error' is always a major factor around these parts...any thoughts?
I actually just repaired one.... I realized that I could get just about every component on the board (other than the memory chips, which are REALLY expensive, if you can even find them) for about $60 as they're almost all standard 40 series chips that cost about 40 cents each... so I just ended up replacing every IC on the shift register board, and now, for the most part, it actually works.

However, I now have this issue too, along with another. When any of the longest 4 delay times on channel "B" are selected, I get a bunch of digital garbage noise, same as if I turn sustain or sample on ... other than these issues, its now working perfectly. I'm not sure what to look at next though, as that shift register schematic isn't the same as the one on my revision (different memory chips), and also because I don't have the experience to follow the paths of the digital circuit ...
Does anyone have any idea what else could be in the path/get activated when sample/sustain mode is on? As far as I can see from the schematic, only the shift register board is affected in this mode, and since I replaced all ICs on that board, I don't think the issue lies there ... unless one of the transistors/caps on that board is dead.
Old 19th July 2013
Here for the gear

Still hoping somebody would post the manual...
Old 19th July 2013
Lives for gear

The user manual and schematics are included in this topic. There is to my knowledge no servicemanual available. Only Schematics. Though they are not complete....the schematic for the digital Ram board is missing.

WT
Old 19th July 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdot View Post
I actually just repaired one.... I realized that I could get just about every component on the board (other than the memory chips, which are REALLY expensive, if you can even find them) for about $60 as they're almost all standard 40 series chips that cost about 40 cents each... so I just ended up replacing every IC on the shift register board, and now, for the most part, it actually works.

However, I now have this issue too, along with another. When any of the longest 4 delay times on channel "B" are selected, I get a bunch of digital garbage noise, same as if I turn sustain or sample on ... other than these issues, its now working perfectly. I'm not sure what to look at next though, as that shift register schematic isn't the same as the one on my revision (different memory chips), and also because I don't have the experience to follow the paths of the digital circuit ...
Does anyone have any idea what else could be in the path/get activated when sample/sustain mode is on? As far as I can see from the schematic, only the shift register board is affected in this mode, and since I replaced all ICs on that board, I don't think the issue lies there ... unless one of the transistors/caps on that board is dead.
Well if you´ve just repaired it, you didn´t manage completely....

You most likely have a broken RAM IC.

WT
Old 19th July 2013
Here for the gear
I'm not familiar with this unit but would anyone know if it's similar to the DeltaLab ADM 2048 Super Timeline? I have a thread further down this page and I'm looking for any resources I can find regarding fixing it.
Old 19th July 2013
Lives for gear

In use they are not very similar. I don´t know how the ADM 2048 is constructed so I cannot comment on that.

WT
Old 19th July 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by waveterm View Post
The user manual and schematics are included in this topic.
WT
Just went through the topic again and there is no user manual, just the brochures. I did PM piscine but never heard back. If you have a copy would you be so kind as to post it here?
Old 20th July 2013
Lives for gear

It seems the usermanual wasn´t in this topic. I have it if anyone needs it.

WT
Old 22nd July 2013
Lives for gear

Thanks waveterm - very kind of you!!!
Old 22nd July 2013
Lives for gear

I also have the Digital Ram schematics but it´s too big for my scanner.

If I can find an A2 scanner I´ll scan it.

WT
Old 22nd July 2013
Lives for gear

Again, thanks WT!
Old 25th July 2013
Lives for gear

No need for a large scanner - hang the schematic on a wall, use plenty of light and a digital camera..

Jakob E.
Old 29th July 2013
Lives for gear

Hmm....that could work.

In the meantime, I´ve brought back both my DL2´s to life. Everything works as it should now apart from the first Peak diode that glows on one of the DL2´s. I can live with that.

They sound huge !

Now, the Memory Module needs to be fixed.

Anyone have schematics ?

WT
Old 19th May 2019
Gear Nut

user manual
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DL-2_Manual.pdf (14.37 MB, 10 views)
Old 19th May 2019
Gear Nut

the schematics on here are not complete.
They do not include the 40193....
if your program mode is not shifting, check the 40193s
the 4049s check the outputs CMOS to TTL if not all delay settings work. Look for missing inverted TTL Square wave pulse 5v
Old 19th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtype909 View Post
the schematics on here are not complete.
They do not include the 40193....
if your program mode is not shifting, check the 40193s
the 4049s check the outputs CMOS to TTL if not all delay settings work. Look for missing inverted TTL Square wave pulse 5v
Thank you for the info rtype909 - very kind of you!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search