The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Triggering sounds live
Old 20th November 2009
Here for the gear

Triggering sounds live

So I searched around Google for this bit...and this forum kept coming up...So!

My band recently recorded a record that has a number of parts that are very ambient behind the music. Live...our bassist will drop off his bass, and go to his midi controller / crap laptop setup.

But, we were hoping there was a way to take some of the tracks we recorded (very ambient stuff....not rhythmic...just noisy) and have something our drummer could hit that would trigger the sound. (He also plays to a click off his iPod.

Is there something out there that we can load 15 or 20 second sampled pads on that he can trigger without much latency? we would really rather be able to load the sounds on whatever unit and not tax the crap laptop more than it already is. (drummer might trigger stuff even while the bassist is doing stuff...not sure that thing could handle two tasks like that at once)
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Talking

Roland SPDS.

Or a drum brain and a set of triggers.

Hardware.

I like the SPDS because you can load your own samples onto it and create your own banks.

We used to use it, now my new drummer has a Roland unit thats a drum brain and a triggers unit combined. Its red I think.

Peace
Illumination
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear