The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dynacord Echocord Mini - record head info needed
Old 16th November 2009
Here for the gear

Dynacord Echocord Mini - record head info needed

hi all!

anybody here knows what kind of record head echocord mini uses?
can i replace it with some tape-machine head?
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

Well, what can you can do, to narrow down your choices, is this: Measure the head gap width on the playback head, and find a record head with roughly the same width. Is this a 1/4" (6.35mm) wide tape?

If it is (I think it is) then you can most probably use a stereo open-reel deck type head, and use just one channel.
Old 1st December 2009
Gear Head

I just got one and trying to get this to work.
The heads are like studio recorder heads that means these have just one wide-long active strip the sise of the tape instead of stereo two parallel narrow ones. So I would not use stereo heads, because the usable tape surface would be much less and it may have a effect on quality. You are better off finding an old mono tape recorder in a junk store or an old geek with right parts. But the heads itself are pretty rough so these do not cause the problems usually. And you can stereo too for testing and these may be just fine. But you need to replace both recorder and player head (in consumer players these are in one head, so you need two) to get the recorded strips match the positions. Experiment though.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear