The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Changing IOs on LXP 1
Old 15th November 2009
Lives for gear

Changing IOs on LXP 1

Hi

I would like to change IOs on the lexicon Lxp 1 . The unit will stay unbalanced but i would like to have XLR s instead of mono cinch ....
What do you think about this, is it possible in the first place and is it worth ?

Thanks
Old 15th November 2009
Lives for gear

"cinch?" All the LXP-1s I have seen have quarter inch connectors - isn't cinch another archaic name for RCA or phono jack or plug?

Basically, if there is room on the panel you can put whatever you want on it. But I would recommend using external adaptor cables - I haven't looked inside for way too long but I believe the jacks are mounted directly on a ciruit board. Seems like an awful lot of effort for such an old unit (though I love that old Lexicon sound!).

Jim Williams at Audio Upgrades modded mine way back when, perhaps you could ask him.

L
Old 15th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by loujudson View Post
"cinch?" All the LXP-1s I have seen have quarter inch connectors - isn't cinch another archaic name for RCA or phono jack or plug?

Basically, if there is room on the panel you can put whatever you want on it. But I would recommend using external adaptor cables - I haven't looked inside for way too long but I believe the jacks are mounted directly on a ciruit board. Seems like an awful lot of effort for such an old unit (though I love that old Lexicon sound!).

Jim Williams at Audio Upgrades modded mine way back when, perhaps you could ask him.

L
Yes of course nor RCA its quarter inch connectors . I have to open it and see if there is enough space inside ....
Old 15th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass man View Post
Yes of course nor RCA its quarter inch connectors . I have to open it and see if there is enough space inside ....
Sorry to jump on you - whenever I see "cinch" I expect some odd ancint ham radio plug!

L
Old 16th November 2009
A 1/4" plug to XLR cables work fine. Why would you want to mess with the reverb?
There are no hum loops, it's AC floated.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

ok thanks, should i take mono or stereo 1/4" plug to xlr ?
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
A 1/4" plug to XLR cables work fine. Why would you want to mess with the reverb?
There are no hum loops, it's AC floated.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Thanks for replying, Jim. This was my first thought too. The upgrade you did to mine was wonderful, I used it for years before moving up to other units.

But by the way, mine and one or two others I know developed intermittent outputs - would that be a bad solder joint, and is it easy to fix? I actually miss that sound sometimes, and with the MFC it is a fine sound for 14 bit...

Lou
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

should i take mono or stereo 1/4" plug to xlr for LXP 1 to rosetta ? Sometimes is mono better and sometimes stereo so i dont know .
LXP is unbalanced 1/4 " plug and rosetta XLR balanced ....

Thanks
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear