The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Coleman M3 Meter Mod
Old 16th September 2005
Lives for gear

Coleman M3 Meter Mod

Hello there. I'm attempting to modify my coleman M3 to send a stereo meter feed out to my dorrough unit. Glen Coleman was kind enough to send me the instructions but now i have a question since i'm a soldering newbie.

Can i connect a wire directly to the pcb and if so , can i just plug the wire into one of the holes and solder away? There are two holes for both the R & L hi & lo's. The following linked jpg shows the pcb ...

http://www.boomspot.com/M3PCB.jpg (the

thanks in advance.

Dor
Old 16th September 2005
Lives for gear

so i ran some wire from the board to the dorrough & all is well. Sometimes it's better to do first and ask questions last.

D
Old 19th September 2005
Gear Head

hi dor

Glad it worked out OK even tho we never spoke on the phone.
Old 27th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dor View Post
Hello there. I'm attempting to modify my coleman M3 to send a stereo meter feed out to my dorrough unit. Glen Coleman was kind enough to send me the instructions but now i have a question since i'm a soldering newbie.

Can i connect a wire directly to the pcb and if so , can i just plug the wire into one of the holes and solder away? There are two holes for both the R & L hi & lo's. The following linked jpg shows the pcb ...

http://www.boomspot.com/M3PCB.jpg (the

thanks in advance.

Dor
I know it's old, but are you still using this? I'm trying to decide between wiring up my Dcommand or continuing to use my Coleman M3.

Also, I may add Dorrough meters.
Old 28th May 2020
Gear Head

Yes you can solder directly to the PCB and those holes are just for that
You do need to replace the XLR outputs with panel mount jacks and solder to them as well
Old 30th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM WHO YOU THINK View Post
I know it's old, but are you still using this? I'm trying to decide between wiring up my Dcommand or continuing to use my Coleman M3.

Also, I may add Dorrough meters.
Hey man, I'm no longer using the M3 as I switched to the UA Apollo line a while back when I moved on from my HD system. 15 years since I wrote that post! Where does the time go?

D
Old 30th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dor View Post
Hey man, I'm no longer using the M3 as I switched to the UA Apollo line a while back when I moved on from my HD system. 15 years since I wrote that post! Where does the time go?

D
I'm wondering if If I'll need the meters or my M3.

I'm leaning toward using the Dcommand/Xmon, and I can use plugin meters.

I've used the M3 for ages,but I think having programmable trims in this era of Sonarworks profiles may come in handy.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear