The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Balanced tape returns on TAC Scorpion II
Old 7th August 2005
Gear Nut

Balanced tape returns on TAC Scorpion II

I was planning on using the s3301 modules (subgroup/bus out/tape return) as eight channels of tape returns . . . However, the input configuration seems to be strange. I am sending a balanced signal . . . but can only get signal at the fader with the input jack (TRS) pulled 1/4 of the way out . . . and the fader reverse button pushed. All tape returns are functioning this way so I don't think there are any faulty componets. Is there a way to get a balanced line in tape return with these subgroup modules?

Thanks for everyone's help with the bad pot . . . I replaced it and it works great.

Thanks,
Justin
Old 8th August 2005

Sounds like those "inputs" are wired as inserts.

-tINY

Old 8th August 2005
Gear Maniac

The inputs are designed to operate at 2 levels, using the tip for -12dB and the ring for 0 dB.... so you should wire either to the tip or the ring depending on which opertaing level you require.... if you wish to make it a balanced input you would need to modify the circuit.

Colin
www.audiomaintenance.com

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search