The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
compatible digidesign inerfaces
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Addict

compatible digidesign inerfaces

Hi there, im buying a few digidesign 882 interfaces, but some of them are different bit rates i.e. two interfaces are 20 bit, one is 16 and the other is 24. Are these still all compatible to chain together or do they all have to be the same bit rate? also, are interfaces which have a different bit rate to the sound card i.e. protools mix 24 and a 16/20 bit 882 interface, compatible to the sound card or do they also have to be matching bit rates?

Thanks
Old 4th August 2005
Lives for gear

They will work just fine.
PT will record 24 bit files with 20bits of data from the 882/20 and with 16bits of data from the 882 (16version).

the only thing i would do is use the 20bit version for the more important parts, and leave the 16bit 882 to stuff with less dynamic or less important stuff.
Old 5th August 2005
Gear Addict

Ace.

A guy who i might be buyin' from told me that the software isn't included with the actual card, but i can download this from the digi site. Would there be a limit to the version i got and would it cost??
Old 26th November 2010
Here for the gear
Any tips for connecting Power tools 9 to my Digi 003

Hi Guys , My first post here . I have power tools 9 and a digi 003.
Do i need to buy a special graphics card for my computer and also will I need an extra sound card as well as my 003 ? I have been on Digidesign website and it says about fancy graphics cards etc ? I am new here so your help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search