The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
MCI ALIII Question
Old 29th July 2005
Gear Guru

MCI ALIII Question

So a couple weeks ago I had a problem with me tape shields not going down and the machine not going into fast wind. I took some good advice from the forum and (I believe) figured out the problem, or at least narrowed it down and have a temp fix going on and next when I have a bit of time I'm going to really suss it out.

At the end of a session Wednesday the problem came back so after the client left I opened up the format and tilted the deck and checked some things. While moving the deck plate the big multi-pin connectors on the back of the deck came undone. I reconnected them, but now only the top half of the ALIII works. I can set locate times and use the locate function, but the transport controls don't work. So I can locate from the ALIII, but I have to hit play from the deck.

Could this be something as simple as bulbs or is it something deeper?

Thanks
Old 29th July 2005
Lives for gear

MCI multitracks have TWO "Jones" plugs that connect into the rear of the transport.

Be sure both are securely in their sockets, and also verify that none of the internal wiring within the plugs is broken.

Bri
Old 30th July 2005
Gear Guru

Thanks Bri!
Old 2nd August 2005
Gear Maniac

I'm glad all this old-buzzard info stored in Brian n me's brains gets to come out after a few decades.

The no shields prob with the catwhisker and microswitch was a flasback for me, and now i remember rule 2. ...If you lift the deck you then have to go round back and re-plug the locator! every G****n time.
hahaha.

carry on.
Old 2nd August 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrchild
I'm glad all this old-buzzard info stored in Brian n me's brains gets to come out after a few decades.

The no shields prob with the catwhisker and microswitch was a flasback for me, and now i remember rule 2. ...If you lift the deck you then have to go round back and re-plug the locator! every G****n time.
hahaha.

carry on.
That is what I've learned this week!
Old 2nd August 2005
Lives for gear

Next stop..the "slotcar motors"... ahhhh..."reel tachs" with bad brushes that cause the tensions to lurch....

Correct, Larry? <g>

Bri

PS, Drumsound...we assume the remote box is now operating correctly??
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Guru

Yep, she's doing fine.

Thanks for the help.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search