The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ardent Studios In Memphis
Old 25th July 2005
Gear Head

Ardent Studios In Memphis

What do you think about them? I'm trying to get an internship there.
Old 25th July 2005
Lives for gear

all i know is i love big star, and that studio sounds amazing on those
records; i don't know about now........

- jack
Old 26th July 2005
Like any place that has the history that Ardent does (next year is their 40th anniversary), there are ups and downs. I was there for seven years and saw both famine and feast. You get good honest owner and a fairly large complex (3 studios featuring 2 Neves and an SSL as well as a fourth private room with what is in essence a modular API console). Ardent still sticks to the method of bringing people in on the bottom and teaching them everything - it's a proven method which will benefit you. That being said, you'll still have to do your homework to stay on top of things in the industry.

If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't hesitate going to work at Ardent again...
Old 26th July 2005
Gear Head

that's awsome. i'm really hoping i can get in there. can you give the owner a call and put a good word in for me?
Old 26th July 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott757
that's awsome. i'm really hoping i can get in there. can you give the owner a call and put a good word in for me?
Err, no offense, but I don't even know you - that would be like commenting on gear I hadn't heard...

Good luck, though!
Old 27th July 2005
Gear Head

*sarcasm*

but thanks for the responses anyways.
Old 27th July 2005
Gear Maniac

I've done several records at Ardent over the years, and it's a fantastic place. An internship there would be great. There are a lot of talented people coming through there at all times. You could learn an incredible amount, and have some great experience there.
Old 27th July 2005
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labs
"Thanks anyway" ..... So you think its unfair ? Maybe someone should call and warn them.

Gustav
What are you talking about? I never said anything was unfair. I was being sarcastic about someone putting a good word in for me. I wouldn't do it for someone that I don't know and I wouldn't expect someone to do it for me if they didn't know me.

*BANNED*
Old 28th July 2005
Gear Head

Pssshhhhhh...i know. much love for the brotha from a different motha.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search