The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
looking for Sony DMA 2000 schematics
Old 10th March 2009
Here for the gear
looking for Sony DMA 2000 schematics

My first post here, so I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but here it is. As the title says; I got one channel with problems, and I'd like to mod it to get an analog out. As I understand these units were used with digital mixers, and as such only have an AES output on 48-20 max. If anyone has, or knows where to get schematics, I'd be one step closer. I'd love to hear this unit using some more modern converters. After that I can always swap the 5532's for something a little less vintage....
Many thanks, G

Last edited by gerard68; 10th March 2009 at 03:31 AM.. Reason: wrong title
Old 28th October 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard68 View Post
My first post here, so I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but here it is. As the title says; I got one channel with problems, and I'd like to mod it to get an analog out. As I understand these units were used with digital mixers, and as such only have an AES output on 48-20 max. If anyone has, or knows where to get schematics, I'd be one step closer. I'd love to hear this unit using some more modern converters. After that I can always swap the 5532's for something a little less vintage....
Many thanks, G

Hello, did you succeed with getting out analog only, bypassing his 20 bits conversion?

Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017
Here for the gear

This might be horribly obvious but it took me a while to figure out how to do this. So incredibly simple. Just plug the digital output into the digital input on the back and then you now have analog outputs. No mods, no nothing. Just take a short XLR from Digital out to Digital in. So simple.
Old 22nd January 2018
Here for the gear

So how good are the pre amps compared to modern standarts?
Would do they sound (a)like?
The machine is somewhat underground...
Cheers
Old 3rd August 2020
Here for the gear

This is one of my go-to super high end clean pre's. If you want clinical clean this is the one. This was originally an insanely expensive pro mic preamp.Likely in the several of thousands. Its great on acoustic guitars and backup vocals.

Super straight clean. Think of it like you would an Earthworks mic.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear