The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
adr compex input potis
Old 3rd July 2005
Lives for gear

adr compex input potis

I have 2 adr compex module and on one of them the input poti was a bit scratchy and now it seems that it passes much less gain than on the other module.
does anyone know of a replacment for it?
thanks
Old 4th July 2005
Gear Maniac

the input pot is a 10K log pot, nothing fancy, any high quality pot should serve as an adequate replacement.

Regards

ju
Old 4th July 2005
Lives for gear

thanks a lot!
Old 5th July 2005

Guy,

Is it the stereo input pot or the individual channel input? The stereo pot is easy to replace with something off the shelf (10k log dual) but the smaller input pots can be tricky, depending on the version of the Compex, as there were several varieties. I have used the Spectrol/Vishay 248 Series with the 1/8" shaft for this, an alternative is the Bourns 50 Series.

Tim.
Old 5th July 2005
Lives for gear

it is the individual input pot since i have the adr compex modules f760n-x and they are mono see photo.
thanks,
Attached Images
adr compex input potis-f760nx.jpg 
Old 5th July 2005
Lives for gear

I checked my schematics, and the closest I have is a Vocal Stresser manual. The Compex is one-half of that unit, however.

The input level pot is listed as a 10K log taper pot. So, you need to examine the mechanicals of the defective pot to determine what new component will fit into the same space, as well as shaft diameter. I believe the Compex units had 1/8" shaft diameters.

Bri

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search