The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Test Jumpers for 2254
Old 1st July 2005
Lives for gear

Test Jumpers for 2254

Where could I find one??? I guess I could get two male/female edge connectors, and wire away, but that would be too much of a pain!!! Any one out there service these puppies and have any knowledge to share? thanks ez
Old 1st July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioez
Where could I find one??? I guess I could get two male/female edge connectors, and wire away, but that would be too much of a pain!!! Any one out there service these puppies and have any knowledge to share? thanks ez
Hi

It depends if you can get hold of an 18 way male Amphenol, have a bench power supply and a reasonable amount of test gear.

They aren't hard to align as you'll see a bunch of trim pots on the rear panel. These set unity gain, the input and output readings on the meter, the +8dBu setting on the limiter and the compress threshold.

For repairs, all they are is a 1272 with dynamic control added. You can remove all the cards except the B283/AV and the B185 and it should still pass signal and raise the gain 20dB via the gain make up. If it doesn't the fault's in those boards or a flakey key lever switch.

The other boards handle the side chains and you can use a meter to check the junctions of the transistors.

Always make a note of which pcb is where and what direction it points!

Old 1st July 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks for the speedy response

The 2254/e in question is housed in the A998; I was thinking that I could just use an extender from the console frame, so I can get at the trims on the back of the modules. They all seem to work fine, but I'm sure a calibration might be a good thing...It's nice to have the technical manual for once.
Old 1st July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioez
Thanks for the speedy response

The 2254/e in question is housed in the A998; I was thinking that I could just use an extender from the console frame, so I can get at the trims on the back of the modules. They all seem to work fine, but I'm sure a calibration might be a good thing...It's nice to have the technical manual for once.
Hi

Neve used ribbon cable extenders that were usually supplied with the console.

It wouldn't take that long to wire an extender... it doesn't link every pin as B, C, J, L, M, N, and S need not be linked (if my memory serves me well!)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search