The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Red3 Calibration
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

Red3 Calibration

Need a little DIY help, and figured this is the forum where I'd find it heh
I've got a Focusrite Red3, about 3 years old, that's a bit out of calibration. Seems that the right/ upper channel is about 5db down. While I'd really like to send it in for a good going over I'm a little short on funds at the moment. I was wondering if there were any Slutz out there that know which internal pots are used to adjust the input levels. I'm hoping to be able to give this puppy a quick "shade tree" tweak until I can throw down for proper service. Thanks in advance for any and all advice
TommyD
Old 24th June 2005
Gear Addict

Tommy,
While I can't tell you the calibration procedure for various reasons (which I'm sure you can guess), I can tell you that there is no input level adjustment.

Are you sure your not noticing 6dB which would indicate a wire from the transformer broke off?

Tony
Old 24th June 2005
Lives for gear

It's possible Tony. I spoke with you about getting this guy tuned up, and having the "transformer mod" done, but I'm having a little trouble fitting it into the budget at the moment. I was just hoping to get this guy usable for the time being, but it looks like it's comin' in for surgery. I'll give you a call next week with my credit card number so you can order the tranny's, and we'll get this process rolling. Thanks for the reply though
TommyD
Old 28th June 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyd
It's possible Tony. I spoke with you about getting this guy tuned up, and having the "transformer mod" done, but I'm having a little trouble fitting it into the budget at the moment. I was just hoping to get this guy usable for the time being, but it looks like it's comin' in for surgery. I'll give you a call next week with my credit card number so you can order the tranny's, and we'll get this process rolling. Thanks for the reply though
TommyD
Tommy,
I currently got an extra set of transformers in stock right now just waiting for your Red 3.
Tony
Old 28th June 2005
Lives for gear

I'll call you this morning! Thanks Tony
TommyD

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search