The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
DDA Profile
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

DDA Profile

I bought one of these (not taken delivery yet) but need to know the pin outs for the EDACs to/from the patch bay for my outboard as the looms were built into the walls of the room it came from.
Have tried Audient and Klark Technic but they both sent me to the same guys- whose e-mails don't work!
Any one able to help??

Thanks in advance.

P.
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

I installed a Profile here a few years ago and it was missing some pages in the paper manual. A guy in the service dept at Telex sent me a CDR of the complete manual, but the PDF is like 18 Megs, too large for my email service to handle.

I guess I could extract the pertinent pages to reduce the size.

Be prepared for the following on the DDA. The Alps pushbuttons are likely getting "glitchy" and the audio power supply runs WAY hot and cooks the internals. In the latter case, install a larger fan and park the supply outside of your control room because of the noise.

Addendum/edit:

I just extracted the 8 pages with all the EDAC info...easier than I remembered! PM me with your contact info and I'll email the PDF to you.

Bri
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

Smile

PM sent- Thank you SO much Brian.
Old 13th July 2006
Here for the gear
Hi Brian, we're looking for a Profile for live-broadcast recording and tracking in a Jazzclub. We heard the PSU problems were solved in newer ones. This console should be from '97 nor so and the dealer said we would be lucky with the newer PSU. Do you know anything about it?

I also heard about the switches. Do you know if they are fairly easy to service/replace?

Thanks a lot, and i might PM you for the manual if we get the DDA.

best, Micha
Old 15th July 2006
Lives for gear

I "heard" that the PSU problems (HEAT!!!) were resolved in later production, but I have no way to verify that.

The pushbutton switches are ALPS (with second sources from E-Switch and ITT/Cannon), so replacements shouldn't be a problem.

However, you will require a decent desoldering station (NOT "wick" or a "pimple sucker" manual tool), and the "tech experience" to use the desoldering station so as not wreck the circuit boards if any switches need to be replaced. This is NOT a project for the unskilled <g> because of the double-sided circuit boards and the skinny PC foils.

Hopefully a 1997-vintage desk won't have very many "funky" pushbutton switches.

Bri

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search