The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Record Plant LA 1970
Old 20th June 2005
Here for the gear

Record Plant LA 1970

What kind of consoles were in action at the LA Record plant around '70-'71?

If you know of any links (other than their site) to related info on such a subject I'd appreciate it.

thanks

Old 18th June 2014
Gear Head

I hate to bump an ancient thread....but better than starting a new one. Any body have anybinfo atvall on the equipment used in the LA Plant Studios in the 70's?
Old 20th June 2014
Gear Nut

I cannot answer this question, but. In the late 70's Record Plant NY I believe had api consoles and one trident. Record Plant Remote had one truck with API and one with Trident. Most of their rooms had Ampex 1100 or 1200 machines. I do not know what consoles were in LA but I've always associated RP with api and ampex with some trident. It would depend on the studio used and my comment s are based on what a remember from the late 70's
Old 20th June 2014
Motown legend

I'm pretty sure they were APIs. Most of us considered the 550/550A equilizer to be the first in a console that was comparable to outboard.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search