The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DMI Kelsey 20-Channel Mixing Console
Old 17th June 2005
Here for the gear

DMI Kelsey 20-Channel Mixing Console

is anyone familiar with these consoles? i may be able to grab one fairly cheap, but the power supply is missing and the current owner isn't sure if it is working...

If any one can fill me in on if these are decent consoles and if i'd even be able to find a power supply for this...

I'm still doing research, in the meantime i thought i'd see what everyone has to say about it...

thanks in advance...
oliver
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Addict

Do you mean like this one?

http://www.thermalrelief.com/images/TRD00006.JPG

British Engineering meets British Engineering - up close.

Long story...

Tony
Old 5th July 2005
Here for the gear

Kelsey

Do you know where I can buy a Kelsey mixer?

Michaux
512-581-7651
[email protected]
http://www.michauxmusic.com
Old 6th July 2005
Here for the gear

yeah, that one!

What's the story?????
Old 8th July 2005
Gear Addict

It's kinda long but here goes...

This guy brings me this console to repair. I try my best to discourage him because it looks like a complete nightmare inside the console and it will require a lot of man hours to repair all the intermittent stuff going on in it. You really have to love these as ANY console built today will blow the doors off of this spec wise including Mackie and Behringer. Anyway he doesn't have the money to buy a new console so he wants to fix this no matter what I say.

So I stand it on it's side with the bottom off and shove it to the back of the shop to repair another day, when I'm in the mood for a finicky pain in the ass job.

OK so now believe it or not even though I live in Las Vegas, we get a storm dumping more than 3 inches of rain in a 1 hour period on the part on the valley where I live and work. And my shop floods with 12" of muddy water throughout while I'm not there. The shop and just about everthing in it is ruined including the Kelsey mixer. (If you look close enough at the picture you can see the water line separating the subgroup from the input modules. The entire master section was under water.)

So this guy of course wants to know what I'm going to do about his mixer. It was never worth my time fixing it before and it certainly isn't now so I offer to buy it off him for whatever he paid for it. He tells me he bought it for $550 so I choke a few times (quite a few) and write him a check for $550.

When he comes over to pick up his money, mind you I'm still trying to dry out everthing I own because of the flood, he has the nerve to ask me if he can have the console for free besides the money. So after I threw him out, I figured that since I just paid $550 for this water logged, mud coated piece of garbage I'm entilted to do whatever I want with it.

So I decide the only thing that is going to put a smile on my face after all this is to basically drive over it with my truck. It sure was a fun way to destroy it.

Notice I'm smiling here:
http://www.thermalrelief.com/images/TRD00007.JPG

Tony

PS: Actually if you look close enough you'll see we removed all the knobs and IC's before I did my little test drive.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search