The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Seeking schematics for Sony DRE2000 reverberator
Old 22nd October 2004
Lives for gear

Seeking schematics for Sony DRE2000 reverberator

I have one here with some small problems with it, however the service manual has board layouts only, no schematics. Does anyone service them or have a schematic?
Old 7th July 2005
Here for the gear

DRE2000 Schematics

Hello,

i have a dre2000 and i have the schematic i can exchange the schematics against the manual, if you're interested in answer at my post.

see you

alex

altho studio
(Lyon, France)
Old 20th December 2006
Ryu
Gear Head

i recently got a hold of a non-working unit, and i'm desperately looking for a manual and/or schematics. is there any way i can get them?
Old 30th October 2007
Gear Maniac

I know its a old thread but does anyone managed to get hold of a schematic/service manual
in PDF for the DRE2000?
Old 1st November 2007
Lives for gear

We have some of these schematics, not all of them. I took a stab at working on some of these a few years ago and found that there were different versions of some boards and that in some cases, we had the "wrong" schematic.

The biggest problem with working on these units is that all the cards are sandwiched inside an enclosed cage. Unless you build an extender board, troubleshooting the guts of a DRE2000 will be nearly impossible. I thought about building one but the whole DRE project seemed like a bag of problems, we were busy with other things, and I decided that this particular gig wasn't for me.

Bravo to the person that decides to take this on and (hopefully) get one or two of these going.
Old 1st November 2007
Lives for gear

Hi David, there were 2 versions of the machine as far as I know, and 1 software rev. Sony recalled all of the units for some reason. I guess the best way to fix them would first be to have a known working unit to at least get the fault down to board level by swapping. I am going to take another look at my unit before the end of the year, I will post my results.
Old 3rd November 2007
Ryu
Gear Head

i still have my non-working unit as well that i'm trying to get fixed.

i got a hold of a working unit not too long ago, and after some card-swapping, i figured out the converter board and the memory board are both busted.

mine is a 2000 whereas the working unit was a 2000A. looked to me like that two models share the memory board and the converter board as the part number on them were exactly the same on both models.

i figure that the converter board is repairable, but i'm not sure about the memory board. it has a bunch of Mostek MK4118P-1 chips in it, and after doing some research, i found out that you could still get them though they are kind of hard to come by. i'm guessing the logic board is working so there's a hope in repairing the unit even no one can fix the software. am i right on this?
Old 4th November 2007
Ryu
Gear Head

well, i was just wondering if the unit could be fixed without Sony's help. no one can seem to touch the software part of things, but with the hardware you never know. after all you did say that you managed to fix the converter board. i'm not sure if the memory board's can be fixed, but if they're just a bunch of RAM chips, then it shouldn't be hard to fix/replace them.

i bought new batteries but i don't think they have anything to do with the problem. the unit worked with a working converter board and a memory board, with the batteries on the logic board taken out.

as for the WW2 comment, i hope it's a joke. but even if it isn't, it shouldn't be a problem since i'm japanese.
Old 7th November 2007
Lives for gear

I will have a go at repairing mine as soon as possible, once I clear some of my synth repair backlog. if I can get it going I will set up a small database site that we owners can perhaps start gathering a fault list on to figure out the most common faults and fixes. If anyone can come across ANY schematics in their searches please let me know and I will start collating them with the data I have. I will look into making some extender cards in the meantime.
Old 28th February 2008
Gear Maniac

SChematics

Hi again.

Any news with the Sony reverb?

I just got hold of a Operation and maintence manual.
Got it proffensional scanned so now I have them in PDF.

Talked to Steve Jones (A think fellow country man for you Triez)over at prodigy-pro.com/forum and are taking about setting up a tread for us with broken reverb..
Old 28th February 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by glava View Post
Hi again.

Any news with the Sony reverb?

I just got hold of a Operation and maintence manual.
Got it proffensional scanned so now I have them in PDF.

Talked to Steve Jones (A think fellow country man for you Triez)over at prodigy-pro.com/forum and are taking about setting up a tread for us with broken reverb..
The forum is a fantastic idea...!

I'd love to see the PDF you've got. Any chance you could send it ?
Old 4th June 2008
Gear Head

any progress on this, gentlemen? my DRE just kicked the can. i would LOVE to figure out how to fix it!!!
Old 4th June 2008
So would Sony, they haven't a clue.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades
Old 4th June 2008
Lives for gear

Another vapourware copy of the schematic threatened to show up, but it flew over a cloud on a giant anchovy just like all the previous copies, so I kind of left the DRE sitting on the shelf while I fixed other stuff.
Old 14th June 2008
Gear Maniac

DeanMartin and studio 57(GS members)
claims that they have full schematics but is sitting on them for as they say
-are very rare(meaning they want big bucks for them unfortanely!)
Already spent 100€ on docs but when I got them they just were boards layout
and manual.

Will propbaly sell mine on ebay for spares seems like a impossible mission
to get it up and running.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Just the User Manual:
https://audiorents.com/library/userM...NY_dre2000.pdf

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search