The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What would YOU want in a Pro Audio Podcast?
Old 3rd May 2008
Gear Head

What would YOU want in a Pro Audio Podcast?

I'm in the process of planning a "Pro Audio" video-podcast (title TBA), and I'd like to get feedback as to what people would want to see in a video-podcast.

I've been a fan of podcasts for a few years now, and while I do listen to and watch quite a few tech podcasts, none of them go into audio any deeper than audio cards for a computer.

I haven't heard of any other good pro audio podcasts, and of the ones that I've heard or seen, I didn't really like the topics or the way it was run.

I want to aim at the crowd that already knows how to run a session, but they'd love to hear about new mics, new techniques, new gear in general, and news from all over the audio tech world.

SO... here is a list of topics / themes I want to work on for this podcast. Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions, bring it on!

- Reviews of new products
- Panels for discussion with 2 or 3 guests
- Discussion of past / current micing techniques
- Interviews / demos at various companies (Digidesign, Apple, Bose, and Genelec are examples of companies I am in contact with)
- Interviews / walkthroughs of studios around the country
- Interviews with engineers / producers / studio-owners
- Video footage of some of the GS mic / pre shootouts

So, with that in mind, what do you guys think? Is there anything YOU would want to see in a video podcast? Is there any particular format YOU like better than others?

Also, what time frame / deployment would you say you are more comfortable with:
- 3-5 minute video podcast produced 3 to 5 times a week
- 30 minute video podcast produced 1 time a week
- 60+ minute audio podcast produced 1 time a week

** I'm pretty much set on doing a video podcast, but I'd like to see if there is any interest in doing a TWiT style podcast. That's "This Week in Tech", for those of you not in the "know"

Anyway, any feedback is appreciated, so let me know!

- Angelo
Old 3rd May 2008
Lives for gear

OK, I'll start.

- For every new product you review also review an older product.

- Forget about the video footage of GS preamp shootouts. Too many of those already. Anyway, how do you judge the subtle differences with a mic/pre combo from a video?

- Take some chances with your video podcast... Don't only walk through medium/large studios (the glamorus side of recording) but also walk through and talk to guys/gals that have bedroom starter studios (the foot soldiers).

Just my 2 cents.
Old 3rd May 2008
Gear Head

Thanks for the reply, already I've got some adjustments to make. My intention isn't to start with only new gear, but to also borrow / rent some vintage gear as well.

The GS Shootout one was only because I haven't been to any of the GS meetups before, and thought it might be good for people who aren't able to hang and see how it's done to check it out.

Thanks for the comments again... the more the better!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search