The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Custom Gear Labeling-How? Studio Headphones
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Nut

Custom Gear Labeling-How?

Anyone got any tips, places or gear that works well for Custom Rack gear 'panel labeling' ? You know, Level, Switch, etc knob labels.

cheers,
bz
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Nut

Have a feeling this is not best forum to have posted this - any suggestions on where to post it?

thanks

bz
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear
You have three choices:
1. Have it silk-screened on, either by yourself or thru another party.
2. Get rub-on letters from an electronic parts store. When done cover it all with a clear coat.
-or-
3. Use a P-touch with white or black letters (depending on your panel color) on a clear background. Not the prettiest but it gets the job done.
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

4th choice: water slide decal paper for your printer. Again, you should put some clear over it for protection.
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

5th choice. Have the panel engraved. I use a local shop that typically does trophies, signage, etc, but can easily handle instrument panels as well.

Bri
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Nut

Thanks all!!!
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Head

i downloaded a program called panel designer. i've near used it, but it allows you to design a panel, then get a quote, then order it.

anyone use that?
Old 14th September 2007
Lives for gear

Another cheap option that looks ok, is to go to a sign shop and have them cut a piece of vinyl for you. A friend of mine owns a sign shop, so I do it for free, but it can't cost more than a couple of bucks for a little piece of vinyl lettering. Basically just a sticker you put on the rack, looks good, but would probably come off if someone started picking at the lettering.
Old 15th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendandwyer View Post
i downloaded a program called panel designer. i've near used it, but it allows you to design a panel, then get a quote, then order it.

anyone use that?
That would be these folks:

Front Panel Express, LLC > Front Panel Service for North America

A friend found a panel layout online and ordered a panel from those folks. It looked great.

Bri
Old 15th September 2007
Gear Nut

Wow , very good ideas and links!
Thanks ,
BZ
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search